Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Organize and implement public health education and prevention programs.
- Counsel patients and provides referral assistance regarding methods to improve health.
- Assists in the preparation of grant proposals.
- Plans and conducts in-service health education and training programs.
- Maintains liaisons between the Health Department and other public and private agencies, community organizations, and professional groups.
- Assists in the preparation of marketing strategies and distributes health education materials.
- Participates in health education programs, conferences and community programs.
- Provides assistance to individuals and community groups to obtain health education and prevention information.
- Assists in the preparation of health education protocols for state mandated programs.
- Implements strategies to raise awareness of health issues.
- Responds to requests for information from the public.
Minimum Qualifications: Experience:
One (1) year working in a position equivalent to a Merced County Health Education SpecialistEducation:
Graduation from college or university with a Bachelor's Degree in public or community health education or closely related field.License:
Possess a valid California driver's license at time of appointment and maintain.Desireable:
A Master's Degree in Public Health from a program accredited by the Counsil on Education for Public HealthSOME POSITIONS IN THIS CLASSIFICATION WILL BE SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL HISTORY BACKGROUND CHECKS PURSUANT TO THE HUMAN RESOURCES RULES AND REGULATIONS, SECTION 2, B.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous