Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develops, evaluates and monitors programmatic objectives and goals.
- Plans, organizes, manages, implements and oversees all functions for public health services and programs as assigned.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the development and submission of grant applications.
- Prepares program strategic plans and negotiates with the State on grant proposals and program budgets.
- Reviews, corrects and signs all program invoices for submission to the State or as directed.
- Develops Board Agenda Items relating to programs managed.
- Represents the County at local, regional and State meetings and conferences; represents the Public Health Department on community boards and organizations.
- Directs and evaluates the work of subordinate managers and supervisors
- Develops service and program information to keep key partners and community stakeholders informed.
- Advises staff on the application of program policies and public health laws and regulations.
- Maintains a working knowledge of legislative impact that may directly or indirectly affect related programs.
- Evaluates effectiveness of program policies and practices; formulates new ones as necessary.
- Investigates and analyzes data for development and operation of special programs.
- Coordinates services County-wide with schools and private and public agencies.
Minimum Qualifications: Experience:
Four (4) years of progressively responsible experience working in a public health department, managed care organization, medical health care agency or related setting, two (2) of which must have been in a position of supervision and/or management.Education:
Graduation from an accredited institution with a Master's Degree in public health, administration (health, business, program, public or related), social sciences, natural sciences or closely related field.License:
Some positions may require licensure. Any additional licensure relevant to the applicable division is strongly desired.
Possess a valid California driver's license at time of appointment and maintain.SOME POSITIONS IN THIS CLASSIFICATION WILL BE SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL HISTORY BACKGROUND CHECKS PURSUANT TO THE HUMAN RESOURCES RULES AND REGULATIONS, SECTION 2, B MERCED COUNTY
Closing Date/Time: Continuous