DESCRIPTION WHO WE ARE
The Information Technology Department (ITD) is the central technology support for the County's agencies and departments who serve our communities. Our more than 1.5 million residents and countless customers around the world depend on the services the County provides. ITD powers those services in ways that our tech savvy constituents have come to expect; giving them access to services when and where they need them. We are a team of technology professionals and evangelists with a wide-range of technological skills and diverse experiences. We provide great customer service and high quality products.
We are passionate about our work and we are proud of the numerous awards we have won. We are very excited about the cultural change in our department. We are transforming the perceptions of government technology and redefining ourselves. We are "staying ahead of the wave" by fostering innovation, pushing the envelope, and taking risks. We have embraced the entrepreneurial spirit of our start-up neighbors in Silicon Valley. We are more than just technologists though. We are also passionate about our communities. We are volunteers, food drive donors, activists, and humanitarians who love the communities we work and live in.
To learn more about the department please visit the Information Technology Department Website
. THE POSITION
ITD/ROV is looking for a Financial Services Specialist II to join our Finance team. This position is located in Oakland at 1106 Madison Street. We have a lean 4 person team that covers all aspects of the ITD and ROV accounting and budget functions. ROV is a General Fund department and ITD is an Internal Service Fund department so you will be working on a diverse set of finance and budget functions. The role specifically will be responsible for: supervision and technical guidance to the finance staff, assisting in the development of the annual departmental budgets, performing monthly and quarterly departmental expenditure and revenue projections, prepare billing for internal and external agencies, and analyzing financial records.
Follow us on social media. Connect, follow and have a conversation with us.
The equivalent of one year full-time experience in the class of Financial Services Specialist I in the Alameda County classified service.
Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university (180 quarter units or 120 semester units) with major coursework in business or public administration, accounting, economics, financial planning or a field related to the work. (Additional professional financial planning and support experience equivalent to the County's classification of Financial Services Specialist I may be substituted for the education on a year-for-year basis.)
Equivalent to one year of full-time professional-level experience in areas of budget development and processing, contract negotiation and administration, financial planning and monitoring, financial accounting and reporting, grant management or similar financial services equivalent to that performed by the Alameda County classified service of Financial Services Specialist I.
Licenses: Specified positions may require possession of a valid California driver's license.
NOTE: The Civil Service Commission may modify the above Minimum Qualifications in the announcement of an examination.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
NOTE: The level and scope of the following knowledge and abilities are related to duties listed under the "Examples of Duties" section of this specification.
• Principles and practices of governmental budget development and administration.
• Principles and practices of contract and grant administration.
• Financial record-keeping and auditing practices.
• Practices and techniques of administrative analysis and report preparation.
• Applicable federal, state and local policies and regulations.
• Computer applications related to the work, such as word processing, data bases and spreadsheets. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
• Office administrative practices and procedures, including records management and the operation of standard office equipment.
• Develop and administer multiple budgets.
• Monitor fiscal transactions and audit fiscal records and documentation.
• Plan and conduct administrative and operational studies.
• Interpret, explain and apply financial regulations, policies and procedures.
• Direct the work of others on a project or day-to-day basis.
• Prepare clear and accurate reports, correspondence, procedures and other written materials.
• Represent the department and the County in meetings with others.
• Organize and prioritize work and meet critical deadlines.
• Maintain accurate financial records and audit data.
• Exercise sound independent judgment within established policies and guidelines.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
• Clearly and effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing; write contract documents, electronic mail, and Board letters to the Board of Supervisors at a professional skill level.
• Communicate fluently using the English language to present and request information to/from internal and external customers effectively by phone or in person.
To apply please contactErica Grantat (510)208-9782 or Erica.email@example.com
You are encouraged to apply immediately as this posting is open until filled and may close at anytime.
Alameda County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Alameda County offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that affords wide-ranging health care options to meet the different needs of a diverse workforce and their families. We also sponsor many different employee discount, fitness and health screening programs focused on overall well being. These benefits include but are not limited to*: For your Health & Well-Being
For your Financial Future
- Medical - HMO & PPO Plans
- Dental - HMO & PPO Plans
- Vision or Vision Reimbursement
- Share the Savings
- Basic Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance (with optional dependent coverage for eligible employees)
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- County Allowance Credit
- Flexible Spending Accounts - Health FSA, Dependent Care and Adoption Assistance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits - Accident Insurance, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity and Legal Services
- Employee Assistance Program
For your Work/Life Balance
- Retirement Plan - (Defined Benefit Pension Plan)
- Deferred Compensation Plan (457 Plan or Roth Plan)
- 11 paid holidays
- Floating Holidays
- Vacation and sick leave accrual
- Vacation purchase program
- Management Paid Leave**
- Catastrophic Sick Leave
- Employee Mortgage Loan Program
- Group Auto/Home Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Guaranteed Ride Home
- Employee Wellness Program (e.g. At Work Fitness, Incentive Based Programs, Gym Membership Discounts)
- Employee Discount Program (e.g. theme parks, cell phone, etc.)
- Child Care Resources
- 1 st United Services Credit Union
*Eligibility is determined by Alameda County and offerings may vary by collective bargaining agreement. This provides a brief summary of the benefits offered and can be subject to change.
** Non-exempt management employees are entitled to up to three days of management paid leave. Exempt management employees are entitled to up to seven days of management paid leave.Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.