About Our Job
This is an on-call position which will work no more than 39 hours per week and is not eligible for benefits. On-call positions may have routine or variable work schedules.
Denver Parks & Recreation (DPR) provides a broad range of programs, services, facilities and park amenities in the City and County of Denver. Outdoor Recreation (ODR), specifically, offers a variety of outdoor activities for all ages. Programs include but are not limited to: climbing at Genesee Ropes Course, group hiking in the mountains, rock climbing, teambuilding programs, stand up paddle boarding, adventure programs, and the learn to ski and ride program.
Denver Parks and Recreation’s Outdoor Recreation team has an exciting and unique job opportunity for a part-time Administrative Support Assistant. The Administrative Support Assistant will provide administrative support to the Outdoor Recreation team and help manage the programmatic functions for the department.
- Office and administrative duties including:
- Answering phones, and responding to e-mails, voicemails, and requests from citizens and participants
- Issuing refunds and credits for cancelled programs
- Organizing office and Outdoor Recreation equipment
- Ordering supplies
- Filing paperwork, logging program evaluation data, and reporting data to coordinators
- Creating program materials, handouts, and related deliverables
- Fiscal monitoring and reporting including tracking expenses, processing invoices, and creating and documenting purchase requisitions
- Serving as liaison with Outdoor Recreation project leads and assist with creating and implementing programs
- Managing program calendar, booking programs, sending out confirmations, assisting with managing rosters, and taking deposits and final payments from participants
- Assisting with creating program plans and itineraries
- Creating marketing plan(s) for programs with low enrollment, and working with Recreation Centers and Marketing Department on increasing enrollment
- Refueling of vehicles post trip
- Other duties as assigned
Our ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong attention to detail, excellent customer service, and a creative eye for marketing tactics. Additionally, our ideal candidate will have:
- Experience with accounts payable, creating purchase requisitions, and budget management, preferably within local government
- Success with engaging communities and creating partnerships community organizations
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Word. Experience with ActiveNet is preferred, but not required
- Marketing experience; experience creating captivating and engaging deliverables
- Robust written and spoken communication skills
We realize your time is valuable, so please do not apply unless you have the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education: Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate
- Experience: Two (2) years of clerical experience
- Licensures/Certification(s): Requires a valid Driver’s License at the time of application
- Equivalency: Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements
About Everything Else
CC1494 Administrative Support Assistant III
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here .
Position Salary Range
$17.19 - $25.79
Parks and Recreation
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here for English or here for Spanish.