The County of Colusa Department of Agriculture is recruiting for an Agricultural Biologist & Standards Officer I/II/III who can skillfully perform a variety of inspection and enforcement duties as related to state agriculture, weights and measures, and related programs. There is currently one position available.
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major work in agriculture, chemistry, physics, engineering or a related field. Upon hiring, college transcripts verifying degree will be required.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid California driver’s license
In addition to the above requirements, the following will be required of each specific level:
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, at least one State certification in agriculture or weights and measures
- Two years of increasingly responsible experience in inspection and enforcement of agriculture, and weights and measures programs
- Possession of five of the State certifications in agriculture and weights and measures
- Three years of increasingly responsible experience in inspection and enforcement of agriculture and weights and measure programs
- Possession of at least eight valid State certifications in agriculture and/or weights and measures inspections
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.