This is a non-benefits eligible "at will" (Unclassified) position, however, some work assignments may require enrollment into the ASRS (Arizona State Retirement System) depending on length of assignment and the amount of weekly hours worked.The hourly rate varies and is set by the hiring department depending on qualifications.
This position performs beginning to intermediate level administrative support and clerical work on a temporary basis for an assigned department. Work may include concentrated technical or specialized work assignments.
Examples of work may include (but not limited to) receiving and processing of election materials, and trouble-shooting problems on Election Day;provide clerical assistance for Voter Registration; answer phones, help customers, type forms and correspondence for Public Health departments; and may be assigned to provide clerical support to Community Services departments.Essential Job Functions
- Assists with various simple to complex administrative tasks and/or work assignments to maintain efficient administrative operations of the department using independent judgment or under general direction of the supervisor.
- Operates common office equipment and software programs necessary to complete work assignments.
- Meets established deadlines and informs concerned parties of deadlines and/or updates on projects or assignments.
- May provide customer service to the public, departments and/or other agencies either by phone, email, or in person in response to questions, provide requested information, or direct queries to appropriate individuals and/or departments.
- Prepares related correspondence documents, forms, letters and reports.
- Compiles data and prepares assigned reports and/or statements.
- Communicates and acts in a professional manner with the public, co-workers, and work contacts.
- Performs related work as required and special projects as requested.
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENT
- Most Clerical Temporary positions require a High School Diploma or GED, and clerical/office support or specific experience in the assigned area.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience, and training may be considered in meeting the minimum qualifications.
Knowledge, Skills & AbilitiesKnowledge of:
- Some positions may require possession of a valid State of Arizona Driver's License at the start of employment and acceptable driving history, if work involves driving a Mohave County or personal vehicle to conduct business and/or complete work assignments.
- English, grammar, spelling, and mathematics.
- Filing and information systems and retention/destruction schedules.
- Standard computer use and associated software applications including spreadsheets and word processing.
- Operation of modern office equipment (i.e. personal computers and keyboards, fax machines, telephones, adding machines, calculators, etc.)
- Interpret and apply technical and departmental information as to complete work assignments.
- Effectively communicate in a courteous and professional manner with those encountered in the course of work.
- Speak, read and write English.
- Understand and carry out simple to complex written and oral instructions.
- Perform the essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Follow directions and work independently and/or in a team to complete routine tasks or special projects.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous