The City of Santa Clara is seeking a Library Building Attendant for the Library Department. This position is a great opportunity for individuals who have experience performing light handy work, who are seeking experience working with the public and have pride in keeping facilities functional and well maintained.This is an as-needed, non-benefited position. This position requires a flexible work schedule with hours ranging from 15-40 hours per week, Monday - Friday.
For further details about the position, please contactLee Hagan at (408) 615-2961
Specific job duties of this position may not be included in the list below, nor do the examples cover all duties which may be performed.
Under direct supervision
- Performs varied, unskilled manual tasks often requiring considerable physical strength and the use of hand tools and light power tools (for example drills, screwdrivers)
- Performs light patching and painting
- Conduct maintenance tasks such as replacing light bulbs/tubes & ballasts
- Performs basic troubleshooting of building equipment and systems
- Install appliances and equipment
- Perform minor fixes such as repairing broken locks, filling gaps on walls etc.
- Checks functionality of fire or security systems
- Replaces or repairs book shelving
- Operates vehicles (lights truck or van) or motorized lifts
- Delivers supplies & materials to other worksites
- Performs construction, maintenance and sanitation duties as required
- Performs other related duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from high school or possession of a GED
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing using English at a basic level
- Some experience performing basic maintenance and handy work
- Possession of an appropriate, valid California Class C driver's license is required at the time of appointment and for the duration of employment.
- A Department of Motor Vehicle printout is required at the time of appointment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of :
- The purposes, use, and maintenance of simple hand tools
- Construction and maintenance methods and materials
- Able to operate basic computer programs
Ability to :
- Learn to use simple hand tools & light power tools
- Interpret and follow oral and written instructions
- Follow established policies and procedures
- Work independently as well as part of a team to achieve common goals
- Bend, stoop, reach, carry, crawl, climb and lift as necessary to perform assigned duties
- Lift and carry 50 lbs. of static weight
- Establish and maintain courteous and effective working relationships