FIRST DAY OF FILING
August 18, 2015 EXAM NUMBER
R11383 FILING TYPE
Open Continuous TYPE OF RECRUITMENT
Interdepartmental Promotional OpportunityJOB OPPORTUNITY INFORMATION
Restricted to permanent employees of the County of Los Angeles who have successfully completed their initial probationary period.
Only current enrollees in the Veteran Intern, Office and Clerical Support on-the-job training programs in the service of the County of Los Angeles approved by the Director of Personnel may compete in this examination for permanent appointment to the Intermediate Clerk position in accordance with Civil Service Rule 6.02(3). Applicants must have completed a minimum of six (6) months or more as a Veteran Intern, Office and Clerical Support in the County of Los Angeles. No withhold is allowed in this examination.REBULLETIN INFORMATION
This announcement is a rebulletin to reopen the filing period and update Application and Filing Information. Persons who have already applied within the last 12 months need not reapply, but may submit additional information by the last day of filing. The information must include your name, the correct examination title and number.CLASSIFICATION STANDARDS
Positions allocable to this classtypically report to aclerical supervisoror higher andperform specialized clerical duties requiring a working knowledge of specialized subject matter and the specialized clerical functions involved. Performance of assigned duties requiresinitiative and independent judgment within procedural and policy limits.
Essential Job Functions
- Processesdocuments according to established procedures; examples includereports, charts, tables and lists, bills, receipts, statements, case files,permits, licenses, and notices.
- Reviews documents for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with legal and other requirements.
- Answers questions and providesinformation to the public concerning regulations, procedures, forms, applications, and permit requests.
- Maintains records requiring specialized knowledge and judgment in the selection, compilation or computation of data; examples includecost records and distribution and control ledgers which can be posted without extensive knowledge of bookkeeping.
- Compares or segregates documents where specialized knowledge of the function and more than a routine check for completeness and accuracy is involved.
- Utilizes office machines such ascomputers or terminals, copiers, scanners, or calculators incidental to the performanceof other duties.
- Searches records and files for data where judgment and discrimination are required in selecting or abstracting material.
- Indexes and cross-references records and files.
- Sorts, arranges and files documents; retrieves and issues filed materials.
- Calculates amounts due and collects fees.
- Requests, receives, stores, inventories, and issues office supplies, and maintains related records.
- Receives, sorts and distributes mail.
- Serves as a receptionist or counter clerk, as needed.
Requirements SELECTION REQUIREMENTS
Six months of office clerical experience in an on-the-job training program as a Veteran Intern, Office and Clerical Support*
approved by the Director of Personnel in the County of Los Angeles.LICENSE
A valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.PHYSICAL CLASS
2 - Light. Light physical effort which may include occasional light lifting to a 10 pound limit, and some bending, stooping or squatting. Consideration walking may be involved.SPECIAL REQUIREMENT INFORMATION
* To qualify, applicants must hold the payroll title of Veteran Intern, Office and Clerical Support, in the service of the County of Los Angeles. No out-of-class experience will be accepted.
Additional Information EXAMINATION CONTENT
This examination will consist of a written test weighted 100% that contains both computerized and paper-and-pencil components covering:
- Written Expression
- Reading Comprehension
- Data Analysis and Decision-Making
- Office Practices and Procedures
- Customer Service
- Achievement and Orientation
- Customer Service Potential
- Customer Focus
- Conscientiousness, and
Applicants must meet the Selection Requirements and receive a passing score of 70% or higher in order to be placed on the Eligible Register.TRANSFER OF SCORES
Candidates who have taken identical written test part(s) for other exams within the last 12 months will have their written test scores for the identical test part(s) automatically transferred to this examination.
This examination contains test parts that may be used in the future for new examinations. Your scores will be transferred to the new examination and you may not be allowed to re-take any identical test parts for at least a year.
Applicants may receive written test notice via email and are responsible for providing a valid email address. Please add email@example.com to your address book to ensure the emails reach your Inbox.
WRITTEN TESTS ARE NOT REVIEWABLE BY CANDIDATES PER CIVIL SERVICE RULE 7.19.TEST PREPARATION
Test preparation resources are available to help applicants prepare for written employment tests:
- An interactive Online Test Preparation System for taking practice tests may be accessed on the Department of Human Resources website at: http://hr.lacounty.gov . and click on "Job Info Center." In the Section "Some Helpful Links," click on "Employment Test Preparation."
- You can also access practice tests for the computerized portion of the test by going to the following website: http://www.shldirect.com/practice.tests.html .
While these study guides will help in preparing for the test, we advise you to review ALL related materials that you deem necessary.ELIGIBILITY INFORMATION
The names of candidates receiving a passing grade in the examination will be placed on the eligible register in the order of their score group for a period of twelve (12) months following the date of promulgation.
Applications will be processed on an as-received basis and promulgated to the eligible register accordingly.
No person may compete for this examination more than once every twelve (12) months.VACANCY INFORMATION
The resulting eligible register for this examination will be used to fill vacancies at various departments throughout the County of Los Angeles as they occur.APPLICATION AND FILING INFORMATION
Applications must be filed online only. Applications submitted by U.S. Mail, Fax, or in person will not be accepted.
Apply online by clicking on the "Apply" tab for this posting. You can also track the status of your application using this web site.
All information is subject to verification. We may reject your application at any time during the examination and hiring process, including after appointment has been made. Falsification of any information may result in disqualification or rescission of appointment.
Fill out your application completely. The acceptance of your application depends on whether you have clearly shown that you meet the Selection Requirements. Provide any relevant education, training, and experience in the spaces provided so we can evaluate your qualifications for the job. For each job held, give the name and address of your employer, your job title, beginning and ending dates, number of hours worked per week, description of work performed, and salary earned. If your application is incomplete, it will be rejected.
SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER: All applications must enter a valid social security number at the time of filing. Entering anything other than a valid social security number (i.e. 000-00-0000, 111-11-1111, etc.) will result in an automatic rejection of your application.
COMPUTER AND INTERNET ACCESS AT PUBLIC LIBRARIES: For candidates who may not have regular access to a computer or the internet, applications can be completed on computers at public libraries throughout Los Angeles County.
NO SHARING OF USER ID AND PASSWORD: All applicants must file their application online using their own user ID and password. Using a family member's or friend's user ID and password may erase a candidate's original application record.Available Shift:
AnyCalifornia Relay Services Phone:
(800) 735-2922ADA Coordinator Email:
firstname.lastname@example.org Teletype Phone:
(800) 899-4099Alternate Teletype Phone:
(800) 897-0077Department Contact Name:
James CheungDepartment Contact Phone:
(213) 738 - 2361Department Contact Email:
Closing Date/Time: Continuous