About Our Job
Denver Parks and Recreation is seeking a full-time Irrigation Maintenance Technician that will report to and support operations within Denver's Northeast Parks District (to see a map of the parks within this district, please visit: https://www.denvergov.org/content/dam/denvergov/Portals/747/documents/parks/DPR-maintenance-districts.pdf
This full-time position can provide job stability, including, but not limited to:
- Valuable benefits package (for more information, visit our Benefits Page )
- Training and professional growth opportunities:
- Backflow Inspector Certification
- Central Control Irrigation Systems training
- Denver Peak Academy Certification - Denver's LEAN method training academy
While the full pay range of this Job Classification is $17.72- $25.87, our target hiring pay rate for this position is between $17.72 - $21.80, depending on education, experience and qualifications.
The Irrigation Maintenance Technicians will be responsible for performing irrigation construction and system maintenance. This position will monitor, troubleshoot, repair irrigation systems for park property including programming irrigation systems to achieve the highest level of efficiency. Additional responsibilities may include:
- Performs semi-skilled, unlicensed trades work on a regular basis in multiple areas including the irrigation system maintenance, mechanical maintenance, tool machinery, equipment maintenance, minor electrical, minor plumbing, painting, etc.
- Reads irrigation drawings and performs construction and maintenance/repair and replacement of broken parts on various equipment
- Inspect facilities and equipment to identify construction, maintenance and repair needs including estimating materials, labor, time and cost of repairs
- Cleans, adjusts, and lubricates engines, pumps, and compressors; and, replaces belts and filters
- Operates and maintains lightweight vehicles and equipment
- Utilizes a computer for diagnosing system problems
- Maintains irrigation and sprinkler systems for seasonal use
- Participates in snow removal and other park maintenance duties as assigned
We are looking for a reliable and career-oriented maintenance professional. Additionally, our ideal candidate will have:
- Experience working with a Horticulturist in developing a watering plan of plants and flowers
- Experience troubleshooting, repairing, maintaining, programming and installing irrigation central control systems & parts
- Toro Sentinel Central Control System experience preferred, but not required
We realize that your time is valuable, so please do not apply unless you meet the following minimum qualifications:
About Everything Else
- Education requirement: Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate.
- Experience Requirement: Two (2) years of experience as a skilled trades helper or semi-skilled laborer performing a variety of duties requiring construction, mechanical, or facility maintenance skills.
- Education/Experience Equivalency: Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements.
- License/Certifications: This job requires driving. Requires a valid Driver's License at the time of application. Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment.
CJ2552 Maintenance Technician
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here
Position Salary Range
$17.72 - $25.87
$17.72 - $21.80/hr based on experience and education
Parks and Recreation
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here
for English or here