About Our Job
Denver International Airport is the 20th-busiest airport in the world and the 5th-busiest airport in the United States, serving 64.5 million passengers last year and generating more than $26 billion for the region annually. DEN is the largest and newest commercial airport in the United States and consists of 15 million square feet of built environment.
The Senior Vice President of Technologies is the top technology executive at Denver International Airport (DEN) and provides the strategic leadership and vision for the development, implementation, and management of the airport's technology needs. Oversees programs, projects, application, infrastructure, security and telecom munitions.
Job responsibilities include:
- Direct and manage computing and technology strategic plans, policies, programs and projects, ensuring all network, application, security and infrastructure capabilities are responsive to the needs of the organization's growth and strategic objectives.
- Institutes and enforces robust security measures that are relevant to how DEN operates, appropriately balances information assurance with ease of access to information necessary to job productivity, protects the information resources, ensures regulatory compliance, and provides leadership in the education of all staff on the ethical uses of information and technology.
- Leads and manages an effective IT Management Team and organization to ensure optimal performance and effectiveness. Coaches IT staff with a focus on personal growth and career development for increased capability and development.
- Effectively forecasts and manages IT budget in alignment with organization priorities and in compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Provides oversight of the need, utilization, performance and cost of vendor and staff augmentation.
- Oversees the review and assessment of newly proposed and established program development.
- Engage and coordinate with stakeholders to identify needs and establish proposed strategic priorities.
- Other duties as assigned.
We are looking for someone with a technology background that includes experience serving as SVP or Head of IT with a proven track record of leading people, effectively and efficiently managing departmental operations and finances. In addition, our ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- A strong negotiator with high-level influencing skills. The ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders is important.
- Leadership experience with various technological applications including infrastructure, applications, communications, and security.
- Strong knowledge of enterprise systems and system integration in a large complex organization.
- Excellent business acumen combined with creative problem solving and analytical skills.
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in a field related to the specific functional or operational area.
- Experience: Three (3) years of management level work experience which must have included managing professional level staff specific to the functional or operational area in the field of study. One (1) year of management experience must include budget and fiscal oversight responsibility, evaluation of business processes, and policy and decision-making experience with planning and organizing multiple programs, projects, operations or functions.
- Licensures/Certification(s): This job requires driving. Requires a valid Driver's License at the time of application. Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment.
- Equivalency: Two (2) years of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post-high school education. Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements.
FBI Background Check: FBI criminal background check is required for all positions at Denver International Airport (DEN). Employees are also required to report any felony convictions and/or moving violations to maintain this clearance and be eligible for continued employment. By position, a pre-employment physical/drug test may be required.
Snow / Emergency Duties: Denver International Airport is a 24/7/365 team operation. If weather conditions warrant or an emergency crisis occurs, all DEN employees can be required to work extended hours and/or shifts.About Everything Else
CA2775 Deputy Manager Aviation
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here
Position Salary Range
$130,132.00 - $208,211.00
Based on Education and Experience
Denver International Airport
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here
for English or here