***PART-TIME JOB OPPORTUNITY ***
RECREATION SPECIALIST - SENIOR CENTER
FACILITY ATTENDANT (Part-Time)HIRING DEPARTMENT:
Parks & RecreationWORK LOCATION:
Concord Senior Center, 2727 Parkside Circle, Concord, CA 94519HOURS:
10-15 hrs/week (subject to change)
Primary schedule: 1-2 Weekday evenings between 4:00 p.m. -10:00 p.m.
Occasional weekend schedule may require working as late as 2:00 a.m. Examples of duties include, but are not limited to:
The Concord Senior Center is looking for a dynamic, friendly, and helpful individual to join our recreation team. The Facility Attendant has the responsibility of overseeing daily functions that relate to interacting with customers. This position will require excellent customer service skills, effective communication skills, and exercising good judgment on a consistent basis.
The Facility Attendant will be responsible for the preparation and tear down of facility equipment in a timely manner. Must enjoy working alone as well as with people, exhibit a professional demeanor, and display patience when dealing with challenging situations.Examples of duties include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as the first point of contact to the center and interacts daily with customers in person and over the phone to provide information, answer inquiries, sell programs, and address customer requests or concerns.
- Check and prepare rooms for daily activities, adjust climate control, setup tables/chairs according to event floor plan, special event, or other activities.
- Maintain logs, files, and specialize information system data files. Utilize other record keeping systems in conjunction with program registration and facility booking.
- Explain various policies, programs, and activities, including implementation of policies and procedures.
- Lead and direct volunteers.
- Attend trainings, workshops and meetings that pertain to senior center and other related activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ability to understand and carry out written and verbal instructions. Possess critical thinking skills and able to problem solve. Must be personable and able to deal effectively and courteously with the public.Experience:
Two or more years of experience in a customer service driven field is highly desired.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to lift/move 50-60 lbs.
- Considerable knowledge and experience with Windows-based programs.
- Must obtain fingerprint clearance before start of employment as part of the City of Concord's pre-employment process.
- Have a valid California Driver's License and a good driving record.
Satisfactory completion of high school or equivalent. One or more years of college is highly desired.Other
: The ability to possess CPR/First Aid Certification within one year of employment.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous