REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS; STORMWATER COORDINATION (CONTRACTUAL)
Lake County remains committed to preserving the health of our natural resources, air quality, and our surface and drinking waters, through the widespread use of public education and outreach, environmentally sustainable management practices, effective stormwater management, and the enhancement and rehabilitation of lakes and other ecological systems.
Lake County is a Municipal Separate Storm Sewer Systems (MS4) community with six (6) departments playing an active role in Lake County’s MS4 Program. The Lake County Stormwater Management Commission (SMC) provides a Qualifying Local Program (QLP) for all of Lake County’s MS4 permittees. For Lake County, the County Administrator’s Office has overall responsibility. The Stormwater Coordinator will work under the supervision of SMC, but will work with all County departments playing an active role in Lake County’s MS4 Program.
SMC is seeking a contractor not to exceed 1000 hours/year, with those hours dedicated to:
- • Serving as the lead contact for Lake County government NPDES ILR40 permit compliance.
- • Preparing and submitting Lake County’s annual facility report to the IEPA before June 1 st .
- • Overseeing compliance with the Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination Program.
- • Conducting regular dry weather screening inspections of Lake County storm sewer system outfall locations, and coordinate results with County personnel.
- • Leading the coordination of the Lake County water quality monitoring responsibilities in conjunction with the latest ILR40 permit requirements.
- • Providing technical support and inspection services for the satisfactory performance of post-construction best management practices (BMPs) and stormwater management facilities.
- • Reviewing and enhancing Lake County’s Stormwater Management Program Plan (SMPP) to meet the latest ILR40 permit requirements.
- • Coordinating individual Lake County Department activities to support compliance with the latest ILR40 permit requirements.
- • Providing technical support of Lake County construction and "good housekeeping" activities to support compliance with IEPA permit requirements.
- • Representing Lake County at quarterly Municipal Advisory Committee meetings and other applicable meetings.
- • Performing related work as required.
Contract Title: Stormwater Coordinator
Status: Contractor (up to 1000 Hrs/Yr)
Reports to: Lake County Stormwater Commission
Location: Libertyville, Illinois
Travel: Local and regional travel will be required and expensed separately.
Schedule: Flexible Work Schedule
Contracted Rate: $35 - $45 per hour DOQ
The Stormwater Coordinator will advance County environmental goals and be responsible for supporting Lake County compliance with the National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) permit issued by the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency (IEPA) as required by the Clean Water Act.
Required Contractor Qualifications:
- • BS (MS or higher degree desirable) in environmental sciences, environmental/water resources engineering, chemistry, ecology, biology, microbiology, geology or related field.
- • 7 years+ of professional experience in environmental consulting, water quality monitoring, wastewater management, stormwater management, watershed management or environmental project management.
- • Considerable experience coordinating environmental compliance activities, soil erosion and sediment control (SE/SC) inspection practices, specifically storm water management, regulations and permitting; conducting field inspections or managing related programs; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
- • Considerable knowledge and experience with the USEPA NPDES Program, the Clean Water Act and/or POTW/MS4 regulations.
- • Knowledge and experience with IEPA Permits: ILR10, ILR00, ILR40 and SMPP, SP3, NOI, NOT, and annual facility reporting development and implementation.
- • Knowledge of the Lake County Watershed Development Ordinance (WDO).
- • Knowledge and experience in Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination Program oversight and compliance.
- • Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively with regulatory agencies, County personnel, and the public both orally and in writing, using technical and non-technical language.
- • Ability to work safely using appropriate techniques and personal protective equipment.
- • Experience and ability presenting technical matter to various audiences.
- • Knowledge and experience with Geographic Information Systems is desired.
- • Insurance coverage will be required per the following Lake County Purchasing, Professional Services ( https://www.lakecountyil.gov/DocumentCenter/View/20874 )
- • A valid driver’s license and insurance is required.
- • Pre-established or ability to become established with a business entity (e.g., Sole Proprietorship , LLC, Cooperative , Corporation, Not-for-Profit).
- • This individual or organization will receive an IRS 1099 form.
Deadline for Qualifications Submission: - January 26th, 2018
Please submit your professional/organizational qualifications to RFQ MS4 Program at ( http://www.lakecountypurchasingportal.com )
For additional information contact firstname.lastname@example.org , (No RFQ’S will be accepted at this address).
For more information on Lake County, please visit our website: http://www.lakecountyil.gov/
For more information on Lake County Stormwater Commission, please visit our website: http://www.lakecountyil.gov/553/Stormwater-Management-Commission
For more information on the Lake County NPDES MS4 Program, please visit our website: http://www.lakecountyil.gov/792/Lake-County-NPDES-MS4-Program
For more information on the Lake County National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Phase II, please visit our website: https://lakecountyil.gov/2479/NPDES-Phase-II
Location Libertyville, Illinois, United States
Position Type Consulting
Applications will be accepted until July 31, 2019
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.