Hours worked per week may vary.
This is a part-time/on-call job opportunity within the Library Services Department. The ideal candidate
must possess effective and cooperative communication and interpersonal skills and have the ability to relate to a diverse group of people. This is a Non-Perm, Part-Time/On Call position.
Temporary/part-time employment is restricted to 1,000 hours within a 12-month period (July 1 - June 30) and does not qualify to receive City benefits, except those required by law. The City does not belong to the Social Security system. However, enrollment in an alternative retirement program is mandatory which requires an employee contribution of 7 1/2% of base earnings to the Public Agency Retirement System (PARS). There are no rights to employment and employment may end with or without cause or advance notice . Further restrictions apply to CalPERS retired annuitants.
Examples of Essential Duties
This assignment is for Library Security Monitor
and the duties for this assignment are:
- Provides general assistance to library visitors and staff, in matters relating to building security, safety and maintenance.
- Greets library users, makes them feel welcome, and directs them to appropriate service desks.
- Interprets, explains and enforces library policies to the public.
- Provides regular patrol and monitoring of Central Library building and grounds.
- Works to help diffuse difficult situations and if needed, escorts disruptive patrons from the building, and reports suspicious behavior to supervisors.
- Prepares and submits incident and accident reports.
- May assist with meeting room set-ups and take downs.
- Opens and closes library facilities, handles day-end cash procedures and operates alarm systems.
- Attends and participates in staff, department and other job-related meetings.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The City at its discretion, may add, modify, change or rescind work assignments as needed.
Qualifications Knowledge of
: Customer service, conflict resolution and emergency procedures.Ability to :
Education and Experience :
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Accept responsibility for the safety and well-being of library patrons.
- Make mature decisions.
- Work on an on-call basis.
Requires education, training, experience equivalent to two years directly related experience with demonstrated technical skills. APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCEDURE
- An official City of Huntington Beach on-line job application must be filled out in its entirety.
- Applications will be closely reviewed for relevant experience, education and training.
- Applicants best meeting the City's needs will be invited to a department interview.
- Upon a conditional offer of employment, a pre-placement drug screen (select positions), TB Screening and California Department of Justice (DOJ) Live Scan fingerprinting must be completed with acceptable results.
- Other background reports may also be conducted depending on the position.
- Upon hire, employee is subject to further reporting from DOJ via subsequent arrest notification.
Our primary means of communication with applicants is sent via email; therefore, please include a valid email address on your application.
Physical Tasks & Environmental Conditions
Ability to lift 20 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation. SPECIAL CONDITIONS Public Employee Disaster Service Worker:
In accordance with Government Code Section 3100, all Huntington Beach city employees are required to perform assigned disaster service worker duties in the event of an emergency or a disaster.