The City of El Paso is recruiting for a highly qualified, experienced, and innovative professional to join the Capital Improvement Department as the Redevelopment Manager. This is an executive level position requiring potential candidates to possess exceptional interpersonal and community relations skills along with the abilities to easily adapt to various situations within a challenging political environment, develop good team dynamics, and promote internal staff-development.
The successful candidate would manage, supervise and implement the City of El Paso's Redevelopment program along with overseeing the evaluation of project economics, community needs, and land use in developing recommendations for redevelopment project areas. In addition,candidate would represent the department by meeting and making presentations to City Management, Mayor and Council, boards and commission members, neighborhood associations, private sector officials, and school board members.
Candidate must have aBachelor's degree in planning, business or public administration, economics, or finance and five (5) years of professional experience in development, planning, and local government redevelopment program, including two (2) years of supervisory or lead experience.
Licenses and Certificates : Texas Class "C" Drivers License or equivalent from another state.General Purpose
Under general direction, manage, supervise, plan and implement the activities of the City of El Paso's Redevelopment program.Typical Duties
- Develop and maintain a long term, effective plan for a systematic redevelopment strategy; identify transect based redevelopment areas.
- Develop City of El Paso redevelopment policy.
- Plan, develop, coordinate and administer residential, commercial and industrial redevelopment projects, particularly as tied to the availability of mass transit.
- Develop implementation schedules.
- Coordinate with land acquisition staff and adhere to required local, state or federal laws, policies and procedures required to implement redevelopment programs.
- Oversee the evaluation of project economics, community needs and land use in developing recommendations for types of development appropriate for redevelopment project areas.
- Coordinate the selection of consultants and oversee studies and related outcomes.
- Develop financing scenarios and project costs for redevelopment projects in coordination with City departments.
- Supervise, train and evaluate professional and technical subordinates.
- Research complex redevelopment problems.
- Oversees the preparation of a variety of site plan designs and make recommendation.
- Review and make recommendations on technical reports and studies.
- Coordinate redevelopment activities with other City departments, outside agencies, merchant organizations, neighborhoods and developers.
- Represent City of El Paso at public meetings, citizen committee meetings and others.
- Assist in preparing and administering the department and agency-operating budget.
- Meet with and advise developers, community and merchant groups regarding redevelopment programs and projects; explain redevelopment policies, practices and regulations.
- Remain abreast of changes in local, state or federal, laws or regulations concerning and affecting department operations.
- Oversee assigned land acquisition projects and sales.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
For complete job specification, click here .
Salary Range: $79,967.54 - $122,550.26 per year.
The starting salary is generally at the beginning of the salary range.
Please note: This is an unclassified contract position.
Note: Applicants with a foreign degree must have all relevant documents translated and evaluated by a College, University, or Credentials Evaluation Services Department prior
to submitting them to the Human Resources Department.Note: Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. This position will close when a preset number of qualified applications have been received.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous