Description Note: This recruitment schedule was amended on June 5, 2019to extend the Final Filing Date. This recruitment has been changed to "Continuous."
At San Mateo Medical Center, we are always seeking ways to enhance the already impressive services we offer. This dedication to excellence is reflected in the exceptional care we provide and the extraordinary professionals who provide it. Here, you will have the chance to develop your talents with a skilled team of professionals who actively support and encourage each other's success. If you are ready to open new doors to your career, join us today!
We are seeking aDiagnostic MedicalSonographer
to perform routine and complex imaging procedures in Ultrasound Sonography, while providing a safe environment for patients and fellow employees. The successful hirewill be assigned to the Radiology Division where you will prepare and/or instruct patients in self-preparation for various examinations. These duties require excellent organizational skills and the ability to follow through from the point of scheduling an exam, taking the appropriate films, and sending out the images and reports, as necessary.
The ideal candidate
- At least one yearrecent experience as a sonographer in a hospital setting.
- Ability to plan daily work flow anddepartment coverage, including daily assignments, on-call coverage, and vacations.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to work well with the Radiologist for overall patient care.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing work flow.
The current vacancy is anExtra Help
position.NOTE: This is an extra-help, at-will assignment, paid on an hourly basis.Some extra help positions are eligible for benefitsundertheAffordable Care Act. Extra help employees are not guaranteed permanent status at the end of the assignment.
Examples Of Duties Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare and/or instruct patients in self-preparation for various examinations.
- Maintain the equipment and supplies used in iconography.
- Obtain standardized sonographic images of patients.
- Maintain procedural competence in imaging.
- Recognize and record appropriate anatomy and pathology using sonographic equipment.
- Recognize gross abnormalities, which can be dangerous, and notify physician immediately.
- Record patient statistics in log and note tape measurements.
- Perform bedside examinations when required.
- Assist physician with ultrasonic guided biopsies.
- Assist in training students in various diagnostic procedures in specialty areas.
- Assume responsibility for accurate data collection for quality assurance procedures.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Current and validregistration issued by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) as a Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) is required.Education and Experience:
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to qualify is trainingand experience that has resulted in demonstrated competence in Sonographic examinations. Knowledge of:
- Applicable imaging equipment and techniques.
- Regional and gross anatomy and physiology of the human body.
- Trans-sectional anatomy of the human body.
- Principles, methods and techniques and equipment associated with sonography or nuclear medicine.
- Nuclear and X-ray occupational radiation hazards.
- Procedures and use of monitoring equipment, aseptic techniques.
- Follow oral and written instructions.
- Deal tactfully with patients and physicians.
- Assisting in instructing and training others.
- Administering first aid and CPR.
- Positioning patients and making sharp, clear images of designated areas.
If you are interested in being considered forthis Extra Helpposition, the following materials must be electronically submitted in a Word or PDF format.
- Cover letter
- Scan of your registration issued by the ARDMS
- Scan of your CPR or BLS certificate
Please include the words"Diagnostic MedicalSonographer- Extra Help"
in the subject lineof email submission.Please submit the required materials electronically via email to:
Jacqueline Pelka, Clinical Services Manager - Diagnostic Imaging, email@example.com
Application materials will be reviewed as they are received, and well-qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Apply immediately. Resumes will be accepted until the closing date of the job announcement.This is a continuous recruitment which may close at any time. The final filing date will be posted 5 days in advance in the San Mateo County Human Resources Department.Apply immediately. This recruitment is open on a continuous basis and selections may be made at any time within the process.At the County of San Mateo, we take pride in the way our employees bring together their diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to serve our community's needs. The County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Analyst: Wendy Young (052319) (Imaging Specialist - F081)
Keywords:sonographer, medical, imaging specialist, imaging, technician, sonography, ultrasound , x-ray