Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provides nursing advice to patients; administers medications and performs assessments.
- May provide case management services and utilization review for programs including CSS, CHDP, MCA, Outreach, Medi-Cal Targeted case management, Indigent Health Care and other programs.
- Will assist clients to gain access to needed medical, social, educational and other services.
- Promotes the control of communicable disease by early detection and preventive treatment.
- Records communicable diseases as prescribed by State and County laws and regulations.
- Makes home visits to follow up on identified at-risk mother and infants; teaches parenting skills.
- Functions as an "On-Call" nurse to give information and make appropriate referrals by telephone.
- Explains physician's instructions and recommendations to patient and patient's families.
- Promotes preventative medicine by providing health education and conducting presentations.
- May provide grief counseling to parents in Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.
- Engage in outreach and other activities to enhance services to Medi-Cal beneficiaries.
Minimum Qualifications: Experience:
One (1) year of professional nursing experience. (Possession of a Bachelor's degree in Nursing, or a closely related field may be substituted for the one (1) year of required experience.)License:
Possession of a valid California Registered Nurse license.
Possess a valid California driver's license at time of appointment and maintain.SOME POSITIONS IN THIS CLASSIFICATION WILL BE SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL HISTORY BACKGROUND CHECKS PURSUANT TO THE HUMAN RESOURCES RULES AND REGULATIONS, SECTION 2, B
Closing Date/Time: Continuous