Paratransit Vehicle Driver (CSS IV)Hours
: Approximately 20 Hours Per Week; hours may vary as required by serviceWages
: $14.00 - $15.00 per hourStatus
: Temporary Part TimeRequirement: Current Class B LicenseExamples of DutiesEssential functions may include, but are not limited to:
Typical QualificationsBecause of the special licensing requirements of this position applicants must meet the following standards:
- Drive a 14 passenger bus adhering to the California Vehicle Code and to time schedules and route assignments.
- Receives daily driving assignments and schedules and makes modifications to routes as directed by the dispatcher based on customer cancelations, transfers, no shows or a change in service needs.
- Provide safe and courteous origin to destination transportation which includes assisting customers on and off the bus.
- Operates the wheelchair lift when necessary to board and disembark customers while complying with policies regarding the securing of customers using mobility equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have no more than one point against their license and no moving violations in the past year.
- Attach your current DMV printout with this application.
- Pre-employment drug testing; once employed, the employee is subject to random drug testing.
- Must possess a class B California Driver's License.
- Must be at least 18 years of age & education equivalent to completion of twelfth grade.
General Information: The service operates 365 days a year; availability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays is a mandatory requirement. Knowledge of safe driving procedures and the ability to interact with a wide variety of people are key components of this position.Physical/Sensory Requirements:
This is an active position requiring the ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, stand, walk up and down stairs, lift and/or move objects up to 20 lbs, perform simple and power grasping, pushing, pulling, and equipment securement; verbal and hearing skills to effectively communicate with customers and other staff, and make observations.
Work is done both indoors and out, with exposure to various weather conditions.Supplemental InformationTo Apply:
Go to www.cityofdavis.org and click on "Jobs" at the top of the page for information and link to apply.Applications will be reviewed on a continuous basis until the position(s) are filled.Applicants will be screened according to applicable past experience and those most qualified will be invited to interview.Questions?
Contact Linda Alemania at(530) 747-8240.PLEASE NOTE: All applicants will be notified via email and/or phone . EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
The City of Davis encourages applications from qualified women and minorities. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, disability or sexual preference.NOTES
Information contained herein does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract and the provisions are subject to change. According to the Federal Reform and Control Act, the City of Davis is required to hire only U.S. citizens or aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States.
If you require accommodation during any phase of this recruitment process, please contact theHuman Resources office at (530)757-5644 or TDD(530)757-5666.
The City of Davis has a no smoking policy for all city facilities.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous