This recruitment is being established to obtain a current eligible list for both full time and Extra-Help vacancies. Extra-Help are not entitled to county benefits and are limited to a maximum of 25 hours per week. Extra-Help pay is up to $25.78 per hour.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Works as a member of a therapeutic team.
- Monitors behavior and functioning level of patients.
- Provides psycho-educational materials, information or medication.
- Maintains clinical records.
- Prepares progress reports.
- Administers routine medication orders.
- Monitors patients' medical needs.
- May have responsible charge of an intensive in-patient residential treatment facility during an assigned shift.
- With psychiatric backup, interviews persons to determine need for acute psychiatric treatment.
- Provides crisis intervention for families and consumers.
- Makes referrals to other programs.
- Consults with community agencies regarding clients in crisis.
- Assists with telephone coverage.
- Participates in continuing in-service training, supervisory conferences and staff meetings.
Minimum Qualifications: Experience:
One (1) year of experience providing nursing in a medical or psychiatric setting.License:
Possession of a valid California license as a Psychiatric Technician, Registered Nurse, or Licensed Vocational Nurse.
Possess a valid California driver's license at time of appointment and maintain.SOME POSITIONS IN THIS CLASSIFICATION WILL BE SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL HISTORY BACKGROUND CHECKS PURSUANT TO THE HUMAN RESOURCES RULES AND REGULATIONS, SECTION 2, B
Closing Date/Time: Continuous