Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Receives and reviews requisitions for supplies, materials and equipment in relation to the County's needs.
- Invites and accepts bids, quotes and proposals, analyzes them for conformance to specifications, make recommendations for awards.
- Handles complex contract negotiations or renegotiations with vendors and service providers.
- Administer contracts with suppliers, vendors, and other representatives.
- Evaluates and monitors contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine the need for changes.
- Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplier's reputation and history.
- Keeps informed of new products and markets conditions and trends.
- Arranges for and attends test and demonstration of equipment.
- Prepares reports, recommendations and correspondence.
- Establishes and directs systems for blanket purchase orders and recordkeeping.
Minimum Qualifications: PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST IExperience:
Three (3) years of para-professional procurement experience preferably in a public agency.Education:
Equivalent to graduation from a four (4) year college or university with a major in business or public administration or a closely related field. Experience and/or education may substitute for the college education on a year-for-year basis.PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST IIExperience:
Three (3) years performing duties comparable to those of a Procurement Specialist I in Merced County.Education:
Equivalent to graduation from a four (4) year college or university with a degree in business or public administration or a closely related field. Experience and/or education may substitute for the college education on a year-for-year basis.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous