Job Details Level
: Experienced Job Location
: Apollo Freight - LAX - Los Angeles, CA Salary Range
: Undisclosed Job Category
Responsible for the proper handling of inbound and outbound cargo at Apollo. This position is also responsible for performing a variety of duties related to providing security and protection of air travelers, airports and aircraft surrounding air cargo shipments.
Driving Duties and Requirements
- Safely drive a commercial motor vehicle (bobtail, roller bed)
- Ability to perform and document pre and post trip inspections
- Ability to maintain all DOT required licenses and documentation
- Ability to complete all necessary paperwork
- Report any damage, shortages and all exceptions clearly to the carrier before returning to Apollo
- Complete deliveries on schedule an interface with customers and airline agents effectively
- Assist in loading and unloading of vehicle
- Verify order to ensure correct products loaded and unloaded. Drivers will need to verify that CCSF cards are correct and in place, and that airway bills and related ULD numbers coincide
- Provides outstanding service to customers by maintaining attention to detail and completing assigned work in a timely matter
- Communicate any and all issues to a supervisor when issues arise at airlines
- Must comply with all contractual requirements of an owner operator
- Must have a valid Class C or B driver's license, pass the necessary requirement for each class.
Warehouse Agent Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transfer and move cargo within our warehouse as required to fulfill the company's handling obligations
- Check documentation for instructions such as: priority breakdown or special handling requirements
- Unload and verify receipt of all manifested cargo while notating any deviations in cargo manifested against cargo received. Separate, placard and store in specified locations
- I.D. verifications forms are completed for each shipment received
- Apply labels to shipments received. Labels must contain order number, time, date, piece count, shipper and consignee
- Insure all Bill of lading, Cargo Releases and Delivery Orders are completely filled out and accurate
- Receive, verify piece counts and check /confirm weight of cargo. Store for processing and loading in designated areas.
- Perform regular inventories of cargo and all customer product in storage
- Process import deliveries, as noted on the delivery authorization document(s) ensuring accuracy of the piece count and importing customer information.
- Read and follow all SOP's
- Load outbound cargo on/in carrier Unit Load Devices (ULD's) securing freight for shipment using nets and tie down equipment.
- Ensure the build-up of cargo is in configuration compatible to the carrier's aircraft.
- Demonstrate diligence required to maintain security under Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and United States Customs Border Protection (USCBP) regulations.
- Adhere to all safety rules and communicate any safety issue or property damage immediately to a supervisor or manager.
- Wear safety vest at all times while working, walking or operating equipment within an Apollo facility
- General housekeeping in warehouse, maintenance and dock areas to maintain a clean work environment.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess clean driving record and valid driver's license (DMV print-out required)
- Must provide proof of legal right to work in the United States
Physical Demands/Working Environment
- Must be able to lift up to 75lbs
- Tolerate moderate to loud levels of noise within the work environment
- Will be required to work in cold storage areas as assigned (35F-50F)
- Stand and remain standing for periods up to 3 hours without sitting
- Demonstrate daily a fitness for obligation without impairment due to illegal drugs, sleep deprivation, medication or alcohol
- May be required to work all of the following: irregular hours and/or shifts, including split-shifts, holidays, weekends and overtime
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (Desired)
"Apollo Freight will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring"
- English proficiency (e.g., reading, writing, speaking, listening)
- Mental abilities (e.g., visual observation and identification, mental rotation)
- Interpersonal skills (e.g., customer service, dependability)
- Work values (e.g., responsibility, honesty, integrity)
- Physical abilities (e.g., lifting and carrying freight weighing up to 75lbs, bending, reaching, stooping, squatting, standing, walking and identifying objects)
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic and mathematics
- Knowledge of airline codes, prefixes, common cargo abbreviations
- Comprehension of airway bill
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow instructions from supervisor or lead agent
- Ability to work as an effective team member
This Job description is a summary of duties for which you as an employee are expected to perform in you assignment. It is by no means an all-inclusive list, rather a broad guide to expected duties. As an employee you must understand that a job description is neither complete not permanent and may be modified at any time. At the request of management, any employee may be asked to perform additional duties, responsibilities or projects without notice.
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.