About University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB (This is not a state position)
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB ("UEC") supports the university's educational mission by providing quality services that complement the instructional program. The University depends upon UEC to provide services that cannot be supported with state funds. We’re responsible for business enterprises on campus including, but not limited to, dining, bookstore, convenience store, and vending services. We also serve as the grantee for federal, state, and local funding for research and sponsored projects. Position Summary
Exempt, Full-Time, Benefited position. Salary:
$5550.00-$6250.00 per month. Location:
San Bernardino, CA. Work Schedule
40 hours per week. Typically, Monday-Friday from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm though some nights, weekend work may be required. May be eligible for remote work, depended on need and University policy. Potentially sharing office space. First Review Deadline
This position will remain open until filled. Typical Activities
Under supervision of the Executive Director, Payroll Supervisor will:
- Responsible to analyze rules, interpret, formulate, and implement them through policy and creates procedures for subordinates to follow.
- Responsible for communicating with Payroll company (Paylocity) to ensure the accuracy of system configuration to meet the California and Federal Labor Laws.
- Responsible to collaborate with HR on data transfer for payroll processing.
- Maintain the taxation on earning, deduction, and accrual codes for payroll data processing.
- Responsible for configuring and maintaining the Time clock system for hourly employees on ASI, SMSU, and UEC projects.
- Responsible for providing complex accounting data from payroll system to General Ledger.
- Responsible for payroll liability fund transfer for 3 auxiliaries under 2 different banking systems.
- Responsible to enforce Labor Laws and Tax Law to employees and Project Directors.
- Responsible to set the percentage of fringe benefits for UEC with the approval of Executive Director.
- Support Project Directors in preparing new year budget on labor cost.
- Responsible for overseeing UEC Payroll staff to process disbursements of fringe benefits: payroll taxes, workers comp, unemployment insurance premiums, CalPERS retirement deductions, parking, 457 deductions, child support and wage garnishment orders.
- Responsible for tax filing accuracy, quarterly filing of 941 and yearly filing of W2s for each auxiliary.
- Analyze any tax adjustments and authorize corrections when needed.
- Responsible to provide payroll data to auditors for audits and fiscal year end closures.
- Lead and train users on Glacier software to determine the tax status for each foreign employee.
- Liaison to CalPERS and support Actuarial requirements for each auxiliary.
- Train UEC-HR and Payroll staff to implement CalPERS rule.
- Responsible to stay in compliance with the State of California Controller office to report unclaimed property (outstanding payroll checks) for each auxiliary.
- Responsible for maintaining, training, answering questions of People Soft Faculty Additional Pay system for UEC payment module.
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and/or the equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs, PLUS five to six years of related experience.
- Strong analytical skills to interpret and apply rules and regulations.
- Knowledge in budget and accounting procedures.
- Computer programming skills to configure and maintain payroll system.
- Knowledge and ability to use broad of technology such Microsoft office, Adobe Sign, other applications to lead the UEC payroll department.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to exercise initiative, flexibility, good judgement and discretion and work well independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate and maintain professional and cooperative working relationships with administrators, faculty, project directors, staff, students and other stakeholders and partners outside CSUSB.
- Organizational and time-management skills with the ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects in a complex, cross-functional environment under competing deadlines and maintain flexibility in response to constantly shifting priorities.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding to work in university environment.
- Ability to effectively use applicable information systems and applications in analysis, research, and reporting activities and projects.
- Ability to apply expertise in the advanced theories, principles, methods and practices associated with the functional specialty, program, and/or organizational unit, including applicable internal policies and procedures and pertinent laws and regulations.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Cash option
- CalPERS Retirement and CalPers 457
- Group Term Life/ Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Holidays & Personal Holiday
- Vacation and Sick pay accruals
- Educational Assistance Benefit is based on availability of funding.
- Workers' Compensation, Unemployment Insurance, State Disability Insurance
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB is committed to a diverse workforce and affirmative action, and is an equal opportunity employer. UEC maintains and promotes a policy of non-discrimination and non-harassment on the basis of race, sex, gender, color, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic characteristics, status as a disabled veteran, or disabled veteran of the Vietnam era.
To view the UEC Affirmative Action Program, please contact UEC Human Resources at (909) 537-7589 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm.
As an equal opportunity employer, University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB (UEC) is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access UEC's career website as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling UEC's Human Resources Manager at 909-537-7589.
EEO AA Policy Statement
Employment of Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans Supplemental Information
UEC is an EOE - Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans. This position will remain open until filled. This has been designated as a sensitive position. The selected candidate must successfully pass a thorough background investigation to include a criminal history check prior to appointment.
Advertised: Dec 08 2023 Pacific Standard Time