Job Advertisement CITY OF FOLEY EMPLOYMENT NOTICE CRIME SCENE AND EVIDENCE TECHNICIAN
Are you looking for a challenging yet rewarding career that is deeply fulfilling? A job that offers benefits to take advantage of on day one? A job where you can make an impact in your growth and development as well as serve your community with care, compassion, and respect? Come grow with us as we strive toward becoming the premier criminal justice agency in the region! The City of Foley is accepting applications for a full-time Crime Scene and Evidence Technician for the Foley Police Department. We welcome all applicants to apply if you are looking for a new and exciting career and a place to grow!
Starting annual salary is $45,418.00 ($21.84 an hour) with excellent benefits including paid health, dental, and life insurance, retirement through State of Alabama Retirement Systems, disability income coverage, paid holidays, vacation, sick leave, and annual merit raises. Successful applicant must pass a psychological examination, drug test, a full driving and criminal background check, and polygraph examination. Examples of work:
Minimum Qualifications and/or requirements:
- Assists with the location, identification, collection, recording, and preservation of physical evidence found at crime scenes
- Maintains, catalogs, and preserves all evidence and found property that comes into the possession of the Police Department.
- Conducts laboratory examinations of physical evidence
- Transports evidence to the forensic laboratory other required agencies
- Performs data entry functions by entering, retrieving, reviewing or modifying data in computer databases
THE CITY OF FOLEY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice, Chemistry, or Biology and two (2) years of experience in a job related field is preferred, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Must obtain International Association for Identification (IAI) Certified Crime Scene Investigator or equivalent AND attend training with International Association for Property and Evidence (IAPE) within two (2) years from date of hire.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently
Closing Date/Time: 2024-05-22