We invite you to join the high performing team at the Town of Prescott Valley, serving as our Senior Engineer in the Public Works Department. This position is responsible for aspects of civil engineering of new private and commercial developments.
If you have a desire to serve our community, we encourage you to apply.
Examples of Duties
- Provide technical assistance using proper civil engineering standards and interpret codes and ordinances, and regulations.
- Review work and provide quality control for assigned private development construction inspector.
- Perform design review of plans and technical reports for private and commercial development for conformance with proper civil engineering design standards, and to Town code.
- Advise members of the general public, property owners, architects, engineers, developers, and others regarding Town planning and development policies, procedures, and standards.
- Direct engineering planning studies.
- Conduct long-range planning and land-use analysis; Recommend revisions to policy, Town codes and ordinances, draft ordinances an resolutions for committee/board action.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, environmental engineering or closely related engineering field with eight (8) years of progressively responsible experience in engineering, inclusive of two (2) years of progressively responsible supervisory experience. Master's degree preferred.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background.
- Work experience should include public improvements design, contract documents preparation, contract administration and project cost estimating and scheduling, contract negotiation and dispute resolution, urban design and land use planning, and public relations/outreach.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer required.
Supplemental Information The Town of Prescott Valley—The Cooler Side of Arizona
The Town of Prescott Valley is located in beautiful central Arizona, set between the scenic Mingus and Bradshaw mountain ranges in the heart of Yavapai County. Our high desert elevation of 5,100 feet affords us four seasons with mild temperatures year-round. Prescott Valley is the largest and fastest-growing municipality in the county. (est. 50,000 pop.)
Founded in 1966, Prescott Valley offers a small-town, rural atmosphere filled with rich natural beauty and modern amenities. Three national forests are nearby, and the South Rim of the Grand Canyon is a short two-hour drive away. The Prescott Valley lifestyle is for someone who enjoys a relaxed pace of life, but also wants the excitement of being part of a growing, evolving community!
Known as a diverse, welcoming community, Prescott Valley boasts excellent cultural, recreational and educational activities and superior public services. The Town's downtown area is anchored by a 5,000 seat, town-owned event center that hosts concerts, sporting events, and shows.
A carefully created General Plan serves to protect the quality of life that has been the reason that many have moved to Prescott Valley. The town has an excellent K-12 school system, local access to higher education, and offers a variety of shopping and restaurant options in and around its inviting central business district. Town Values
Incorporated in 1978, the Town operates under the council-manager form of government. We believe our greatest resource in fulfilling our mission is our employees! Our signature count-on-me SERVICE culture means together, we roll up our sleeves and get the job done quickly and effectively. We value INTEGRITY, holding ourselves to the highest standards; we are responsible, honest and transparent. RESPECT, we treat others with dignity. We genuinely welcome differences in people, cultures, ideas and experiences for a more inclusive workplace. TEAMWORK, honoring our commitments. FUN, our energizing force to create and innovate finding a new way to pioneer public services. When we have fun doing what we love our citizens love their experiences with us! With a sense of humility we give our time, attention and action in service to others.
Under the leadership of our Town Manager and Council, the Town of Prescott Valley is a proactive, visionary, and solution-oriented organization. Fiscally conservative, the Town is financially sound with little debt and healthy reserves, positioning us to move forward in continued smart and sustainable growth for years to come.
Major benefits for a full-time regular, employee:
- Medical: United Healthcare; Employeecoverage paid at 100% by Town. Family coverage optional at $341.55/month.
- Dental: Ameritas;Employee coverage paid at 100% by Town. Family coverage optional at $28.02/month.
- Vision: VSP Network or Eyemed Vision Care, Employee coverage paid at 100%. Family coverage optional at $5.50/month.
- Life Insurance:Town provided supplemental life insurance at one times the employee'sbase payup to$100,000.
- Voluntary Individual and Family Term Life Insurance: Additional term life insurance coverage available for employee, spouse and children.
- General Leave: 120 hours the first year, increasing annually up to 200 hours for hourly employees.Thatis increased by 40hours for salaried employees.
- Holidays: Eleven (11) paid holidays; Eight (8) hours per day for FT employees.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Pre-tax pay deductions to use for eligible medical or dependent daycare costs.
- Disability Insurance: Town provided personal illness or injury short and long term disability benefits with 50% and 60% lost wages replacement respectively.
- Workers' Compensation: Provides 100% lost wages and related medical benefits as for on the job work related illness or injuries.
- Retirement Plans: ASRS Arizona State Retirement effective January 1, 2023.
- MediCare:While the Town provides the required contributions towards MediCare we do not participate in Social Security.
- State Unemployment: State mandated coverage is provided.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): Free counseling and referral services for employees and their immediate families is provided for financial planning, legal services, depression, substance abuse, family/marital and other relationship issues.
- Fit for Life Wellness Program: The Town is dedicated to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all employees. Participation is strictly voluntary and offers $200 participation incentive.
- Direct Deposit: Paychecks are deposited directly into the employee's bank account(s) on a bi-weekly schedule.