Full-time position available with the Water Department, Permitting & Development Division located at1001 Harrison St.
Salary Range: $27.25-$40.88/hour
Normal Work Days/Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Application Deadline Date: Open Untill Filled
- Supervises subordinates in the collection, processing, and production of survey data and deliverables.
- Produces of preliminary topographic surveys to support the preliminary design efforts of capital projects.
- Performs and researches boundary surveys for City projects and acquisitions.
- Creates and reviews record drawings/as-built drawings for accuracy and completeness of survey information.
- Originates and develops easement legal descriptions and drawings for capital projects or investigations.
- Performs staking of right of way boundaries, easements, property lines, and grading, in support of capital projects and investigations.
- Determines the extent of right-of-way or easement encroachments.
- Provides legal descriptions and exhibits for documentation and acquisition purposes.
- Researches documents of all types in support of survey efforts/activities.
- Measures movement or settlement of assets and tracking the results over time.
- Provides technical assistance to internal and external customers in support of capital projects or efforts/activities.
- Responds to correspondence and calls from internal and external customers.
- Interacts with other utilities, departments, and agencies to resolve issues or questions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRES an accredited Bachelor's degree in land survey, engineering, math, science or a related field; OR an Associate's degree in land survey and 1 year experience as a Professional Land Surveyor; OR high school graduation and 12 semester hours of surveying course work, 2 years experience under the immediate supervision of a registered land surveyor, and 1 year experience as a Professional Land Surveyor. Must possess a valid State-issued driver's license in accordance with City of KCMO policies. Must possess Missouri Professional Land Surveyor License. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and post-offer physical examination as prescribed by the City.
Other Information URGENT!!! CRITICAL RECRUITMENT INFORMATION QUESTIONS REGARDING AVIATION POSITIONS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THE AVIATION DEPARTMENT AT 816-243-3010.
Applications and/or resumes are evaluated on the information received by the application deadline. Please ensure that your application or resume clearly demonstrates how you meet the minimum qualifications for the position for which you are applying, this includes providing all relevant educational dates and a detailed description of relevant work experience, including months/years of employment. Applications and/or resumes may not be considered if information is incomplete.
In order for a resume to be used in lieu of an application the resume must have been submitted online via the City's Applicant Tracking System.
Positions requiring a high school diploma/GED certificate must be obtained from a school/program accredited by the Department of Education and recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education.
The minimum education requirement for positions that allow for experience equivalency for an accredited degree is a high school diploma. Unless otherwise specified, an accredited degree must be obtained from a college or university listed with the U.S. Department of Education and recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education.
For positions with a salary grade of EX6 or higher that require an accredited degree, qualifying professional experience must be obtained AFTER the accredited degree is obtained.
Successful completion of a pre-employment criminal history/background check is required for all positions. Some positions require a post offer drug screen and/or physical.
If appointed, non-residents must obtain residency inside Kansas City, Missouri's city limits within nine months.
The City of KCMO is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The City is committed to providing a workplace environment for its employees and citizens free from discrimination based on race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, religion, age, disability, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity. For more information, please see our EEO Policy
The City of KCMO is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 816-513-1908 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
. If claiming military veterans' preference points, you must attach a copy of your DD-214 or a DD-256 (for reservists).
To claim veterans' points you must have served 180 days of regular active duty service and be discharged or released under honorable conditions during peacetimes or 90 days of active duty service, one (1) day during "wartime" and a last discharge or release under honorable conditions. (DOD) 38 U.S. Code • 4211).