If you are a current City of Olathe employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Part Time (up to 19 hours)
Starting Pay: $15.50/hr
Provide on-site liaison between the Center and party room rental clients. Coordinate room use for both internal and external clients, including set up support and dissemination of information concerning party room use. Will also be responsible for the cleanliness of rooms, equipment, safety of the participants and maintaining a positive and healthy environment.
For more details, review the full job details and requirements below.
- Provide exceptional customer service; demonstrating a positive attitude, display professionalism, courtesy and assist customers and other employees.
- Serve as a representative and liaison of the Community Center for party room rental clients.
- Prepare room use to include setting table height, chairs, table cloths and other decorative needs as assigned.
- Coordinate clients caterings and vendor contractors as assigned.
- Communicate room use and rental policies and procedures to users to keep use to appropriate time slot.
- Distribute the appropriate wrist bands to all attendees per Center policies and procedures.
- Compiling simple written records related to use of the party rooms.
- Follow and enforce applicable safety rules and regulations related to the use of the facilities.
- Sweeping and/or mopping floor before and after every use and empty trash cans and mop floors when necessary.
- Assist renters with AV needs within room.
- Work cooperatively with the all center staff.
- Pass out brochures, flyers and program information to patrons upon request.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
Experience & Qualification Guidelines: Any combination of experience and education that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is acceptable. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills and abilities would be:
Education: Must be a high school or college student, at least 16 years of age.
License & Certification(s): First Aid/CPR or ability to obtain within 30 days.