Employees in this classification are responsible for nursing care at unit of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice. Implements unit objectives and administrative policies. This position is under clinical supervision of the Unit Director of Nurses.
About Texas Tech Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) Managed Care:
- Makes daily assignments as appropriate and ensures all daily assignments are accomplished.
- Communicates patient data using EMR to support decision-making to improve patient care.
- Assists with or performs exams and procedures and documents intervention in EMR.
- Administer or assist with administration and documentation of medication.
- Supports the goal of the unit by attending meetings and sharing the information with the staff in regular staff meetings.
- Triage SCR per policy.
- QA/QI activities and audits. Maintains documentation for standards of care and compliance with policies.
- Trains new nursing staff and participates in the annual performance evaluation process.
- Conducts training to TDCJ officers per policy.
- Ensures clinic counts and logs are complete and accurate.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Since 1989, TTUHSC Managed Care has been providing clinical and operational support to correctional facilities throughout West Texas and other regional areas. We serve approximately 30,000 patients utilizing a broad range of comprehensive medical and health services. TTUHSC Managed Care strives to positively impact the lives of our patients, to include many who had no previous access to quality health care. Learn more about TTUHSC Managed Care HERE This valuable team member shall perform work in a manner that reflects the Values of TTUHSC :
- ONE TEAM unite and include diverse perspectives to achieve our mission
- KINDHEARTED exceed expectations with a kind heart, helping hands, and a positive attitude
- INTEGRITY be honorable and trustworthy even when no one is looking
- VISIONARY nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit
- BEYOND SERVICE create and deliver positive defining moments
- Generous paid time off, sick leave, and holiday schedule
- 100% paid health insurance for full time employees, 50% paid for dependents
- Dental, vision, long-term, and short-term disability benefits.
- State of Texas pension plan that vests in 5 years.
- State Employee tuition forgiveness and tuition assistance for continuing education
- Medical liability insurance for all licensed health care employees.
- And much more .
Graduate from an accredited nursing program. Two years of nursing experience, with at least 6 months of that experience as a Registered Nurse. Possession of a valid, current RN license as approved by the Texas State Board of Examiners.
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Jeanne Clery Act
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal statute requiring colleges and universities participating in federal financial aid programs to maintain and disclose campus crime statistics and security information. By October 1 of each year, institutions must publish and distribute their Annual Campus Security Policy & Crime Statistics Report (ASR) to current and prospective students and employees. You can locate this report through our website at: https://www.ttuhsc.edu/emergency/clery-report.aspx .