Description: Director of Cyber Security Programs
- Position: Lecturer (AY)
- Academic Year: 2023-2024
- Day/Time: Monday to Fridays from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Modality: In-person
- College: CSTEM
- Department: Department of Computer Science and Information Systems
The Department of Computer Science and Information Systems at California State University San Marcos invites applications for Director of Cybersecurity Programs beginning Fall 2023. this is a 2-year full-time position with the possibility for renewal. The main duties and responsibilities of the program director include:
- Coordination of the Professional Science Masters (PSM) in Cybersecurity
- Coordination and Development of the 2+2 BS in Cybersecurity (currently in approval cycle)
- Teaching up to 3 courses per semester in Cybersecurity with a maximum of 2 courses per semester in the first year
- Applying for grants and building industrial partnerships to support students in the program and faculty mentorship
The Department of Computer Science and Information Systems is undergoing a period of extensive growth. The department has 16 tenure track faculty, 8 adjunct faculty, and more than 1000 students in B.S. Computer Science, B.S. Computer Information Systems, B.S. Software Engineering, M.S. Computer Science, and M.S. Cybersecurity. B.S. Cybersecurity and B.S. Computer Engineering programs will be offered in the near future.
The National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security have designated Cal State San Marcos as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education. The M.S. in Cybersecurity is recognized by the National Professional Science Master’s Association and the Council of Graduate Schools. Minimum Qualifications
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cybersecurity, or related field with extensive relevant professional experience
- Demonstrated excellence in and commitment to teaching in the cybersecurity field
- Demonstrated competence in industrial/community partnership building, initiative, innovation, leadership, and strategic decision making.
- Candidates must be able to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with colleagues and in an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community.
- Per the California State University’s Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is prohibited from hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside California. Working in the State of California is a condition of employment
Salary commensurate with degree level and experience:
- A PhD degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cybersecurity, or related field
- Potential excellence in and commitment to research in the cybersecurity field
- Demonstrated intercultural competence with diverse groups in teaching, research, and/or service.
- Experience working in/with industry or government
- U.S. citizenship
- Can demonstrate eligibility to hold confidential security clearance.
- Preference will be given to applicants with demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusivity, and/or intercultural competence with diverse groups in relation to teaching
- Anticipated Hiring Salary Range: $6,928 - $8,750 per full-time month
- CSU Classification Salary Range: $5,405 - $11,994 per full-time month
To apply, please prepare to submit the following:
- Your completed faculty application
- Curriculum Vitae (uploaded)
- Contact information for three current references
- Three letters of recommendation which will be requested of the references further in the search process
- Letter of interest specifically addressing minimum and preferred qualifications (uploaded)
A review of applications will begin on April 30, 2023; however, the position will remain open until filled.
The University is particularly interested in candidates who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to improving access to higher education for under-represented groups.
CSUSM has been designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and was named one of the top 32 Colleges most friendly to junior faculty by the Collaborative on Academic Careers in Higher Education. Visit Faculty Opportunities for more information.
California State University San Marcos is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that is strongly committed to promoting diversity in all areas of the campus community. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, physical or mental disability, gender or sex, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, and veteran or military status.
Per the California State University’s Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is prohibited from hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside California. Working in the State of California is a condition of employment
This position is subject to employment verification, education verification, reference checks and criminal record checks. An offer of appointment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, including a criminal records check, and may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information.
The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised December 22, 2020 as a condition of employment. An offer of employment is contingent upon execution of an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status and Legal Duty to Report Child Abuse and Neglect form. Signing the form is a prerequisite to employment and failure to sign will result in any offer of employment being withdrawn.
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy, can be found at CSU Covid Policy . Questions should be sent to the Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled