CLASS SUMMARYThe City of Spokane invites applicants to apply for the position ofTemp Seasonal - Special Event Laborer
No experience necessary, paid training, uniform, ability to attend concerts while supporting the event. Please join fast paced, fun and rewarding summer concert series support team. Hours:
Variable time frame between 11 AM and midnight, depending on event requirements: estimated 30- 40 hrs per week during large community events and concerts.
Position will start during the first two weeks of May and run through October. Flexible schedules available.
EXAMPLES OF JOB FUNCTIONS
The following Responsibilities and Requirements are functions the individual who holds or desires the position must be able to perform unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Support maintenance activities throughout Riverfront Park.
- Maintains grounds, restrooms and picnic facilities.
- Operates small, motorized and manually operated hand-held landscape and janitorial equipment.
- Requires frequent interaction with public.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSREQUIREMENTS OF WORK:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be physically able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be physically able to work on your feet for the entire shift (breaks allowed).
- Valid driver's license with no restrictions.
- Must be able to pass a drug test.
- Training will be provided.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, familial status, genetic information, veteran/military status or disability status
Closing Date/Time: 2023-10-01