Job Posting Title
Registered Nurse II
340 OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
340 District 4
Job Posting End Date (Continuous if Blank)
Note: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the day prior to the posting end date above.
Estimated Appointment End Date (Continuous if Blank)
The Annual Salary for this position is up to $60,531.46 based on education and experience.
Public Health Nurse providing immunization services, WIC, STD, Family Planning, Communicable Disease Investigation, Cervical Cancer and Breast Screenings. Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities for providing direct or indirect professional nursing services in a variety of settings. This includes providing nursing assessments, planning, interventions, evaluations, health related education, case management, and execution of the medical regime including administering medications and treatments prescribed by any person authorized to prescribe by state law.
Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions
The functions performed by employees in this job family will vary by level, but may include the following:
- Assesses health status of individuals, families, and communities; develops plans and implements appropriate nursing interventions.
- Evaluates and determines health resources necessary to meet individual, family and community health needs.
- Delivers professional nursing care in an assigned unit, clinic, home, or other setting.
- Educates individuals, families, communities, and members of the health care team about the principles of disease prevention and health promotion.
- Provides supervision to other professional or paraprofessional personnel; collaborates with other professionals in the management of health care.
- Delegates tasks as may safely be performed by others, consistent with educational preparation and that do not conflict with the provisions of the Oklahoma Nursing Practice Act.
- Assures quality health care through use of various measures such as record review, peer review, direct observation, and assessment of individual, family, and community for the desired outcome.
- Performs specialized nursing functions as educationally prepared.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
- Works effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience
Requirements consist of possession of a valid Oklahoma license as a registered nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing or, Registered Nurse License recognized by the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) and one year of professional nursing experience, OR, a Bachelor's in Nursing and possession of a valid permanent Oklahoma license as a Registered Nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing or, Registered Nurse License recognized by the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC).
Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Required at this level include knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices, and techniques; of health promotion and disease prevention; of nursing management of available health care resources; of nutrition and diet therapy; and of the functions of various clinical departments. Ability is required to assist in the development, organization, and implementation of an effective nursing care plan; to provide education and training; to assess condition and needs of patients, families and communities appropriate to the care setting; to take appropriate intervention; to counsel and teach patients and families; and to provide direction or guidance to non-licensed personnel in assigned area of responsibility to ensure quality care. In addition, this job requires, knowledge of available health programs and resources; of federal and state rules and regulations concerning health services; of accreditation, certification and licensure standards; of preventive health practices; of principles and methods of teaching; of nursing standards; and of nursing policies and procedures. Ability is required to develop, plan, and implement an effective nursing care program and to provide education and training.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Must be able to move to provide examinations 80% of the time. Combination of office and exam offices. May be exposed to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, toxic substances, and medicinal preparations. Hepatitis B vaccination and TB test required. Varied activities including sitting, walking, stooping, lifting, bending, pushing, and reaching. Use of N-95 respirator is required.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The State of Oklahoma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of genetic information, race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
Current State of Oklahoma employees must apply for open positions through their Workday account. Go to Careers app on WD home screen>Click on 'Find Jobs-Internal State of Oklahoma'.