CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT 2 - Requisition ID: 17657
Recruitment Type: Open Competitive
Posting Close Date: N/A
Geographical Location: Carson, Minden, Gardnerville, Genoa
Department:DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS
Division: DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS
Business Unit: HR-PRISON MEDICAL CARE
*Pay Grade: GRADE 22
Salary Range: $31,111.20 - $44,641.44
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full Time
Recruiter: VERONICA SANTOYO
Phone: 775 997-5651
Certified Nursing Assistants perform basic restorative services and basic nursing services related to the safety, comfort, personal hygiene, basic mental health and protection of patient rights.
The Nevada Department of Corrections has a vacancy for a Certified Nursing Assistant II at Northern Nevada Correctional Center (NNCC) Medical Unit, in Carson City, Nevada. Incumbent will work with the inmate population in the Infirmary. Certified Nursing Assistants will work under the direct supervision of a Correctional Nurse and contribute to basic health assessments; collect, report and record on flow sheets and treatment sheets basic objectives and subjective data related to patient's health status; and report any changes to the Correctional Nurse. The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Incumbents possess a degree of knowledge and proficiency sufficient to perform work independently with little or no additional training.
To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-10_0//
- Certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant by the Nevada State Board of Nursing and six months of experience performing work as a Certified Nursing Assistant or Nursing Assistant Trainee; OR six months as a Certified Nursing Assistant I in Nevada State service. The six months of job related experience may be part of a formal Certified Nursing Assistant training program.
Application Evaluation Exam
- The exam will consist of an application and resume evaluation. It is essential that applications/resumes include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- Some positions require current CPR certification at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
- Certification as a Nursing Assistant by the Nevada State Board of Nursing is required at the time of application and as a condition of continuing employment for the Certified Nursing Assistant I, II and III.
- Pursuant to NRS 284.4066, some positions in this series have been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in these positions must submit to pre-employment screening for controlled substances.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
*The salary range indicated in this announcement is based on the Employee/Employer retirement compensation schedule. An employer-only option is available at a reduced salary range.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages. Nearest Major Market:
Carson City Nearest Secondary Market: