The Position CONTINUOUS The Board of Supervisors have authorized the following future salary increases for this classification: 5% on July 1, 2023 | 5% on July 1, 2024 | 5% on July 1, 2025 Bargaining Unit: Local 856 - Attendant/LVN/Aides Unit
The Contra Costa County Health Services Department is accepting applications on an ongoing basis for Registered Dental Assistant
positions, which may be assigned to the Contra Costa County Regional Medical Center in Martinez or to the Health Services Department health centers located in Richmond, Pittsburg, and Brentwood.
Registered Dental Assistants prepare patients for dental treatment and examinations and assist the Dentist at the chair during patient treatment. They review patient records to determine the instruments and materials that will be needed, take and develop x-rays of teeth and jaws and provide routine post-operative instructions to patients. Dental Assistants also mix cements, silver amalgams, and impression materials and take pre-impressions for dentures. In addition, they sterilize instruments, utensils, dressings, and equipment; clean dental rooms and equipment; and inventory and order supplies as needed. Other duties include maintaining patient records, scheduling patients, keeping inventory, ordering supplies, and other related work as required.
- Prepares patients for treatment and examination by seating the patient, adjusting the chair at a convenient angle and draping the patient
- Reviews patient's record to determine what instruments and material will be needed and lays them out
- Passes instruments and materials to the dentist upon request
- Provides oral suction, retraction and other assistance during oral surgery
- Removes excess cement after permanent crown cementation
- Fits and cements temporary crowns
- Places post-extraction and periodontal dressings
- Placement and litigation of arch wires
- May perform coronal polishing of the teeth
- Takes x-rays of teeth and jaws and develops the film
- Mixes cements, silver amalgams and impression materials
- Takes pre-impressions for dentures
- Tests pulp vitality
- May dry canals previously opened by the dentist with absorbent points
- Provides routine post-operative instructions to patients
- Sterilizes instruments, utensils, dressings and equipment
- Cleans dental rooms and equipment
- Maintains patient records by indicating the type of work performed
- Procures charts and records needed by the dentist
- Schedules patients
- Inventories supplies and orders routine supplies as needed
- Conducts oral health education with individuals and groups
- Assists in dental screenings, placing dental sealants and fluoride varnish of patients in community settings
- Provides oral health case management services for patients
- Transports equipment and/or instruments to and from sites as needed
- Assists with administrative or programmatic projects as needed
- Attends meeting as required
- May be required to travel to off-site meetings and clinics
- Provide and promote excellence in customer service for both internal and external customers
Minimum Qualifications License Required:
Possession of a valid California Motor Vehicle Operator's License. Out of state valid Motor Vehicle Operator's License will be accepted during the application process. And
Possession of a current license as a Registered Dental Assistant issued by the Dental Board of California. Certification:
Possession of a valid Basic Life Support (BLS) issued by the American Heart Association or Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) issued by the American Red Cross throughout the duration of employment.
May be required to possess a valid sealant certification for specific Public Health programs.A COMPLETED SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE IS REQUIRED. THE REGISTED DENTAL ASSISTANT LICENSE NUMBER MUST BE LISTED IN THE “CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES” SECTION OF THE APPLICATION.
Selection Process 1. Application Filing and Evaluation:
Applicants will be required to complete a supplemental questionnaire at the time of application, applications will be evaluated to determine which candidates will move forward in the next phase of the recruitment process. 2. Training and Experience Evaluation:
At the time of filing, within the supplemental questionnaire, candidates will be required to complete a training and experience questionnaire. Candidates that clearly meet the minimum qualifications, as described above, will have their training and experience responses evaluated. The training and experience questionnaire is designed to measure candidate’s relevant education, training, and/or experience as it relates to the Family Nurse Practitioner classification. ( Weighted 100% ). TENTATIVE EXAM DATES
Supplemental questions will be evaluated on a monthly basis. Responses to the supplemental questions are submitted at the time of application filing.The Human Resources Department may change the examination steps noted above in accordance with the Personnel Management Regulations and accepted selection practices. For recruitment questions, please contact Health Services Personnel, Recruitment Team at Exams@cchealth.org . For any technical issues, please contact the GovernmentJobs’ applicant support team for assistance at +1 855-524-5627.
COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENTS
As of August 24, 2021, Contra Costa County enacted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine requirement for employees. Proof of full vaccination or approved exemption is required of all employees, including new hires. The policy requirements can be found here: https://www.contracosta.ca.gov/DocumentCenter/View/72164 CONVICTION HISTORY
After you receive a conditional job offer, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you have received a conditional job offer. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances. Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with Contra Costa County. If you accept a conditional job offer, the Human Resources department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment. DISASTER SERVICE WORKER
All Contra Costa County employees are designated Disaster Service Workers through state and local law. Employment with the County requires the affirmation of a loyalty oath to this effect. Employees are required to complete all Disaster Service Worker-related training as assigned, and to return to work as ordered in the event of an emergency. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is the policy of Contra Costa County to consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identify, gender expression, marital status, ancestry, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or other protected category under the law.
To find more information on Benefits offered by Contra Costa County, please go to https://www.contracosta.ca.gov/1343/Employee-Benefits
Closing Date/Time: Continuous