Description THE COUNTY OF EL DORADO
The County of El Dorado is committed to promoting the power of public service by fostering a diverse and collaborative workplace where employees are empowered, respected and valued. The dedicated efforts taken by the Board of Supervisors continues to promote El Dorado County as a competitive employer that is committed to recruiting and retaining qualified employees by advocating for competitive salaries and excellent benefits. The County of El Dorado is also supportive of providing telework opportunities for employees consistent with business needs and in accordance with Board of Supervisors Policy E-12 - Telecommuting. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES AGENCY
The County of El Dorado Health and Human Services Agency is committed to transforming lives and improving futures for the citizens of El Dorado County. Our programs and services include Behavioral Health, Public Health, Community, and Social Services. We have over 600 employees dedicated to enhancing and enriching the lives of their fellow community members. PUBLIC HEALTH DIVISION
The Health and Human Services Agency's Public Health Division promotes and protects the health and well-being of the citizens of El Dorado County. They monitor and control communicable disease, provide community services and outreach on topics such as immunizations, tobacco use prevention, oral health, family planning, WIC, and many more! THE OPPORTUNITY
Human Resources will assess your application to determine if you are minimally qualified using the following recommendations.
- Implement and oversee the day-to-day vaccine management plan consistent with the California Vaccines for Children Program (VFCP), including providing technical guidance on the administration, storage, and handling of vaccines used for the prevention of disease; mitigation of post exposure to disease; and storage, handling, documentation, and inventory control of supplied biologicals.
- Act as a County liaison between the State Immunization Branch and Health and Human Services Agency, Public Health Division immunization activities, and perform day-to-day grant operations.
- Administer various vaccines, regents, and biologicals through oral, subcutaneous, intradermal, or intramuscular routes.
- Participate as a member of a multi-disciplinary team with other professionals, paraprofessionals, and support staff in the delivery of clinical nursing services.
- Assess the health literacy of individuals, families, and populations served; provide corresponding education regarding health topics, preventable diseases, and associated medications.
- Complete intervention documentation for rendered care for all clients receiving such service; prepare a variety of accurate, concise, and legally appropriate records and reports.
- Formulate and initiate nursing intervention based on nursing assessment in alignment with standardized procedures as appropriate, or in response to changes in health status of the client and/or family.
Possession of a bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university with, major coursework in nursing, and
six (6) months of experience as a Registered Nurse in an acute care setting;-OR-
Possession of an associate degree from an accredited educational institution, with major coursework in nursing, and
two (2) years of experience as a Registered Nurse in an acute care setting.Licenses and Certifications:
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California or Nevada Driver's License and a satisfactory driving record.
- Possession of California Registered Nurse license issued by the California State Board of Registered Nursing.
- Possession of CPR certification.
Click here to view the minimum qualifications for Registered Nurse, as well as the physical, environmental, and working conditions.SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Apply online by clicking the 'Apply' link at the top of this announcement. When your online application and responses to the required supplemental questions are complete, click 'Accept'.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment, contact Rachel Wallick in Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. RECRUITMENT PROCESS
The Human Resources Department will screen all applications to identify qualified candidates. After screening, qualified candidates will be referred to the next step and notified of all further procedures applicable to their status in the recruitment process.
For more information on the recruitment process, click here.
Based on the department's needs, the selection procedures listed above may be modified. All candidates will be notified of any changes to the selection procedures. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
The County of El Dorado is recruiting applicants for Registered Nurse. This recruitment will establish a list for the purpose of filling current vacancies for at least three (3) months.
We currently have the following vacancy:
- One (1) Full-time vacancy in the Health and Human Services, Public Health Division I located in Placerville, CA.
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions.
The County of El Dorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Many job classifications require a pre-employment medical screening. Depending on the job classification, medical screening may include testing for drugs, including but not limited to marijuana; a positive test may result in revocation of an employment offer.
This classification may include positions that are subject to current California Department of Public Health (CDPH), State Public Health Officer Orders requiring all workers who provide services or work in facilities covered by the order to (a) have their first dose of a one-dose regimen or their second dose of a two-dose regimen of an approved vaccine against COVID-19, or (b) provide valid exemption as permitted by the order. An approved exemption would result in the exempted employee being required to wear a face covering and be regularly tested for COVID-19.
Not just rustic mining towns and historic sites - Today El Dorado County is a year-round vacation destination overflowing with outdoor adventure, inviting agritourism locations, enriching family activities, and a proud Gold Rush history. Escape the traffic and smog because El Dorado County is just:
- 40 miles from Downtown Sacramento
- 50 miles from Sacramento Airport
- 129 miles to San Francisco
Here are a few of the many activities and events available throughout El Dorado County:
- Hiking, Camping, Fishing, Boating, and Watersports
- Skiing and Snowboarding
- Live Music and Music Festivals
- Local Craft Breweries and Wineries
- El Dorado County Fair
- Placerville Speedway
- Farm to Fork Restaurants
- Local Shopping Gems
Closing Date/Time: Continuous