The Position CONTINUOUSBargaining Unit: CNA - Registered Nurses Unit
The Contra Costa County Health Services Department is offering an excellent opportunity for licensed, experienced nursing professionals interested in health care staff development and training. The Department is recruiting for three (3) current vacancies in the classification of Health Services Education and Training Specialist located at the Contra Costa Regional Medical Center in Martinez, CA.
Under general direction, the Health Services Education and Training Specialists primary responsibility will be to identify, design, develop and deliver professional development and training activities such as: new employee orientation for hospital and health center employees and continuing education and in-service programs to meet health care delivery needs and regulatory requirements in an effective and economical manner. Additionally, the incumbent selected will participate in and use evidence-based research to identify strategies for improving professional development activities, nursing practice, and patient outcomes; systemically evaluate the quality and effectiveness of professional nursing and ancillary health care staff practices; and assess education and training needs of patient care and ancillary staff using a variety of data sources.
To read the complete job description, please visit the website www.cccounty.us/hr
The eligible list established from this recruitment may remain in effect for six months.
- Systematically evaluates the quality and effectiveness of professional nursing and ancillary health care staff practices
- Assesses education and training needs of patient care and ancillary staff using a variety of data sources
- Identifies, designs, develops and delivers professional development and training activities such as: new employee orientation, continuing education and in-service programs to meet health care delivery needs and regulatory requirements in an effective and economical manner
- Responsible for ensuring training and education participation databases are developed and maintained
- Interacts with, and contributes to the professional development of peers and other health care providers
- Collaborates with others in the practice of nursing professional development at the institutional, local, regional, state, national, or international levels
- Participates in and uses evidence-based research to identify strategies for improving professional development activities, nursing practice, and patient outcomes
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own professional growth and development particularly in relation to professional practice standards, relevant statutes and regulations, and maintenance of continuing professional nursing competence
- Demonstrates ethical principles in all professional and leadership activities
- Provide and promote excellence in customer service for both internal and external customersWhen assigned to the Wound Care/ Ostomy specialty:
- Develops, facilitates and coordinates a cost effective ostomy wound care program
- Develops protocols and practice standards for managing patients with wound ostomy and incontinence care needs
- Monitors patient outcomes on an ongoing basis; acts as a resource person to nursing staff
- Serves as a resource person for wound, ostomy and continence (WOC) patient care practices
- Collaborates with multiple disciplines to design education programs specific to WOC patient care
- Participates in multidisciplinary patient centered case conferences, and research projects related to WOC, as appropriate
- Uses a customer-focused approach when collaborating with customers including co-workers, patients, physicians, and staff from community agencies and institutions
- Maintains data and statistical reports as requested; participates in quality improvement
- Assumes responsibility to maintain and upgrade professional knowledge and skills through attendance and participation in continuing education and in-service education program
Minimum Qualifications License and Certification Required:
Candidates must possess and maintain throughout the duration of employment: a current, valid and unrestricted Registered Nurse license issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing; valid Basic Life Support (BLS) certification issued by the American Heart Association or CPR certification issued by the American Red Cross (Healthcare Provider). Education:
Possession of a Master's Degree with a major in Nursing or Education from an accredited college or university. Experience:
Three (3) years of full-time experience performing duties of a Registered Nurse in an acute care hospital. Substitution for Education:
A Bachelor's of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited college or university; and two (2) additional years of experience which included providing in-services to nursing and/or ancillary staff, may be substituted for the Master's Degree Wound Care/ Ostomy Specialty Assignment: Certification Required:
Candidates must possess one (1) of specialty certifications: Certified Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse (CWOCN), OR Certified Wound Care Nurse (CWCN); OR Certified Ostomy Care Nurse (COCN), OR Certified Wound Ostomy Nurse (CWON) issued by the Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nursing Certification Board (WOCNCB). Experience:
One (1) year of the required experience must include direct wound care experience as a Registered Nurse. This experience must be within the last two (2) years.A COMPLETED SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE IS REQUIRED. ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR REGISTERED NURSE LICENSE AND BASIC LIFE SUPPORT CERTIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION AND INCLUDE THEIR REGISTERED NURSE LICENSE NUMBER IN THE 'CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES' SECTION OF THE APPLICATION.
Selection Process 1. Application Filing and Evaluation:
Applicants will be required to complete a supplemental questionnaire at the time of application, applications will be evaluated to determine which candidates will move forward in the next phase of the recruitment process. 2. Training and Experience Evaluation:
At the time of filing, within the supplemental questionnaire, candidates will be required to complete a training and experience questionnaire. Candidates that clearly meet the minimum qualifications, as described above, will have their training and experience responses evaluated. The training and experience questionnaire is designed to measure candidate’s relevant education, training, and/or experience as it relates to the Family Nurse Practitioner classification. ( Weighted 100% ). TENTATIVE EXAM DATES
Supplemental questions will be evaluated on a monthly basis. Responses to the supplemental questions are submitted at the time of application filing.The Human Resources Department may change the examination steps noted above in accordance with the Personnel Management Regulations and accepted selection practices. For recruitment questions, please contact Health Services Personnel, Recruitment Team at Exams@cchealth.org . For any technical issues, please contact the GovernmentJobs’ applicant support team for assistance at +1 855-524-5627.
COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENTS
As of August 24, 2021, Contra Costa County enacted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine requirement for employees. Proof of full vaccination or approved exemption is required of all employees, including new hires. The policy requirements can be found here: https://www.contracosta.ca.gov/DocumentCenter/View/72164 CONVICTION HISTORY
After you receive a conditional job offer, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you have received a conditional job offer. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances. Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with Contra Costa County. If you accept a conditional job offer, the Human Resources department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment. DISASTER SERVICE WORKER
All Contra Costa County employees are designated Disaster Service Workers through state and local law. Employment with the County requires the affirmation of a loyalty oath to this effect. Employees are required to complete all Disaster Service Worker-related training as assigned, and to return to work as ordered in the event of an emergency. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is the policy of Contra Costa County to consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identify, gender expression, marital status, ancestry, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or other protected category under the law.
To find more information on Benefits offered by Contra Costa County, please go to https://www.contracosta.ca.gov/1343/Employee-Benefits
Closing Date/Time: Continuous