W4128Q When to Submit Your Application:
The application filing period will begin on Tuesday, February 21, 2023 at 7:00 a.m. (PT).
This examination will remain open until the needs of the department are met and is subject to closure at any time without prior notice. Type of Recruitment:
Open Competitive Job Opportunity
No out-of-class experience will be accepted Check Out Our Outstanding Benefits!
Los Angeles County offers one of the strongest public-sector benefits packages in the nation.
Who We Are
- Flexible Benefit Plans - Benefits may be purchased using tax-free County contribution of an additional 14.5%-17% of the employee's monthly salary.
- Robust Retirement Packages - Contributory-defined benefit plan; optional tax-deferred income plans that may include a County matching contribution up to 4% of employee's salary.
- Generous Maternity and Family Leave Benefits
- Flexible Schedules (4/40 workweeks - where appropriate, Telework - where appropriate)
- Rideshare, Parking, and Transit Benefits
- 13 paid holidays per year
The Internal Services Department (ISD) plays a major role in supporting all County of Los Angeles departments and commissions. With an annual budget of over $873 million and 2,183 budgeted positions along with over 5,120 contracted workers of varying professions in facilities management, information technology, environmental, administrative, purchasing and contracting, ISD is the County's trusted partner and provider of choice. The Opportunity
The Internal Services Department (ISD) Energy and Environmental Services coordinates energy efficiency, conservation, and sustainability programs to maximize the efficient use of natural resources within County operations and throughout the Southern California Region. We are looking for an individual who is:
- A highly motivated, results-oriented project manager with an electrical/electronic background related to energy efficient (EE), photovoltaic systems (PV) and electric vehicle (EV) charging station installations.
- A strategic thinker with strong organizational and project management skills to deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Able to build and support a culture that is collaborative and customer focused.
Essential Job Functions What You Will Do:
- Oversees the County's energy efficient (EE), photovoltaic systems (PV) and electric vehicle (EV) charging station infrastructure efforts and coordinates with ISD staff on EE, P.V. and electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE) deployment.
- Coordinates with all County departments and develops long-term plan(s) on EE, PV and EVSE implementation.
- Facilitates deployment of EE, PV and EVSE infrastructure with Southern California Edison (SCE) and Department Executives. Reviews project designs and reporting requirements in collaboration with Departments and ISD technical staff.
- Oversees and maintains scheduling and construction completion reviews of EE, PV and EVSE projects with SCE, County facility staff, and Department Executives.
- Manages communication and outreach with key EE, PV, and EV-focused staff within ISD and with all County Departments.
- Administers and develops EE, PV and EVSE contracts and/or agreements (including equipment, networking, maintenance). Authorizes payments and maintains financial records.
- Maintains and reports detailed project cost and budgets.
- Maintains EE, PV and EVSE usage data, performs high-level analysis, and develops frequent internal and external reports.
- Responsible for keeping up to date on changes to implementing federal, state and local EE, PV and EVSE construction requirements.
- Documents and creates guidance tools on EE, PV and EVSE implementation and planning.
- Assists the Section Manager with other duties as needed.
Requirements Requirements to Qualify (You must POSSESS and CLEARLY EXPRESS detailed years' of experience performing relevant duties, related to the requirement below within your online job application under the "Experience" area and Supplemental Questionnaire.)
Four years' combined experience coordinating, programming and designing in any of the following areas:
Energy efficiency (EE) upgrade projects or
Photovoltaic (PV) or
Electric Vehicle (EV) infrastructure projects -AND-
One year of experience at the level of Facilities Project Manager I*,
construction project manager, project architect, or project engineer responsible for clean transportation or energy management projects.*
Facilities Project Manager I is defined as administrating and coordinating the construction projects or performs the more complex staff assignments related to clean transportation or energy management projects. License:
A valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions. Physical Expectations:Physical Class II
- Light: This class includes light physical effort that may include occasional light lifting to a 10-pound limit and some bending, stooping, or squatting. Considerable ambulation may be involved. Special Requirement Information:*
Facilities Project Manager I is defined as under general supervisions administers or assists in the administration and coordination of construction projects or performs the more complex staff assignments related to program and related to program and energy efficiency, photovoltaic or electric vehicle projects.Desirable Qualifications:
- Knowledgeable of state and local energy efficiency related policies and legislation.
- Knowledgeable of microgrid PV systems consisting of solar and energy storage, energy efficiency and electric vehicle supply equipment industry practices and networks, and applying for energy efficiency related rebates, grants, and credits.
Additional Information Our Assessment Process
If you meet the requirements, we will invite you to a structured oral interview weighted at 100% covering training, experience, and general ability to perform the duties of the position.
You must achieve a score of 70% or higher on the assessment in order to be placed on the Eligible Register.NOTE: All notifications including invitation letters will be sent electronically to the email address provided on the application. It is important that you provide a valid email address. Please add KIrby@isd.lacounty.gov, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org to your email address and list of approved senders to prevent email notification from being filtered as spam/junk/clutter mail.
Los Angeles County will not consider claims of not viewing or receiving notification to be a valid reason for late test administration or rescheduling of a test component. Eligibility Information
The names of candidates receiving a passing score in the assessment will be placed on the Eligible Register in the order of their score group for a period of twelve (12) months following the date of promulgation. Passing this examination and being placed on the Eligible Register do not guarantee an offer of employment.
Applications will be processed on an as-received basis and promulgated to the eligible register accordingly.
No person may compete for this examination more than once every twelve (12) months.How to Apply
Applications must be filed online only. We must receive your application before 5:30 p.m. (PT), on the last day of filing. Applications submitted by U.S. mail, fax, or in person will not be accepted. Apply online by clicking on the green "Apply" button at the top right of this posting. You can also track the status of your application using the website https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/lacounty
. Plan to submit your online application well in advance of the deadline as you may be required to verify your email address. This only needs to be done once per email address, and if you already have a job seeker account on www.governmentjobs.com/careers/lacounty
, you can verify at any time by logging in and following the prompts. This is to enhance the security of your online application and to ensure you do not enter an incorrect email address.
Many important notifications including invitation letters will be sent electronically to the email address provided on the application. It is important that you provide a valid email address. Please add KIrby@isd.lacounty.gov, email@example.com
, and firstname.lastname@example.org
to your email address and list of approved senders to prevent email notifications from being filtered as spam/junk/clutter mail.
Applicants have the ability to opt out of emails from LA County. If you unsubscribe, you will not receive any email notification for any examination for which you apply with Los Angeles County.
Please make sure you put in the time and effort when filling out your application and supplemental questions completely. The acceptance of your application depends on whether you have clearly shown that you meet the Requirements to Qualify as listed on this bulletin. Provide any relevant job experience in the spaces provided so we can evaluate your qualifications for the job. For each job held, give the name and address of your employer, your job title, beginning and ending dates, number of hours worked per week, and description of work performed. If your application is incomplete, it will be rejected.
Please note that all information included in the application materials is subject to verification at any point during the examination and hiring process, including after an appointment has been made. Falsification of any information may result in disqualification or rescission of appointment. Utilizing verbiage from Class Specification and Requirements serving as your description of duties will not be sufficient to demonstrate that you meet the requirements. Doing so may result in an incomplete application and you may be disqualified.
Computer and Internet Access at Public Libraries:
LA County Public Library has announced they are reopening some libraries with limited hours access throughout LA County. Refer to their website at https://lacountylibrary.org/reopening/
for more information.
For Candidates who may not have regular access to a computer or the internet, applications can be completed on computers at public libraries throughout Los Angeles County.
Fair Chance Initiative:
The County of Los Angeles is a Fair Chance employer. Except for a very limited number of positions, you will not be asked to provide information about a conviction history unless you receive a contingent offer of employment. The County will make an individualized assessment of whether your conviction history has a direct or adverse relationship with the specific duties of the job, and consider potential mitigating factors, including, but not limited to, evidence and extent of rehabilitation, recency of the offense(s), and age at the time of offense(s). If asked to provide information about a conviction history, any convictions or court records which are exempted by a valid court order do not have to be disclosed. COVID-19 Vaccination:
All County workforce members must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Successful candidates for this position will be required to submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request an exemption for qualifying medical or religious reasons during the onboarding process. Candidates should not present proof of vaccination until instructed to do so by the hiring department.
Have questions about anything listed above?
Department Contact Name:
Department Contact Phone:
Department Contact Email:
California Relay Services Phone:
ADA Coordinator Phone:
(800) 899-4099 [Alternate Teletype Phone:
(800) 897-0077 ]