Staff Psychiatrist *Depending on Experience*
$285,948 - $343,596 Annual Range (Board Certified)
$278,616 - $333,912 Annual Range (Board Eligible)
- Appreciation Bonus of up to $35,000 for clinicians newly hired with the State of CA
- Clinicians providing care within one of our Psychiatric Inpatient Units receive an additional 15% Stipend of Base Pay ($42,888 - $51,540 Board Certified; $41,796 - $50,088 Board Eligible).
Talk to us about these locations.
California Correctional Health Care Services (CCHCS) is seeking proactive, knowledgeable psychiatrists with an interest in correctional and/or forensic psychiatry to join our multidisciplinary teams. Within the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation’s adult correctional facilities, you will find like-minded professionals well-versed in the intricate psychiatric and medical interplay necessary to treat our diverse patient population and committed to providing optimal care, promoting patients’ successful reintegration into society, and reducing recidivism. Here, you will see cases you won’t encounter in any other practice and treat traditionally underserved patients, which can lead to an enriching and rewarding experience. Plus, with no insurance paperwork to deal with, you will be able to devote your time to practicing and honing advanced psychopharmacological skills. Hiring interviews will be available virtually using teleconferencing or video conferencing options.
We currently have opportunities at Kern Valley State Prison located in the heart of central California’s Kern County. With an array of metropolitan conveniences, natural attractions, and recreational activities, this is the ideal place to enjoy the work-life balance you’ll find with CCHCS.
In return for your efforts, we offer true career balance with all of the stability and benefits found in employment with the State of California:
- 40-hour workweek with flexible schedules
- Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
- Robust 401(k) and 457(b) retirement plans (tax defer up to $45,000 - $60,000 per year)
- Paid insurance, license, and DEA renewal
- Dedicated assistance with visa sponsorship
- Paid CME, with paid time off to attend - allows you to control more of your time and money
- Relocation assistance for those new to State of California service
- Potential NHSC Loan Repayment (depending on location)
Submit your CV to CentralizedHiringUnit@cdcr.ca.gov or call (877) 793-4473 for more information.
Candidates new to CCHCS are required to submit to a background investigation process utilizing Live Scan Fingerprinting, and Tuberculosis (TB) testing prior to appointment followed by department annual TB testing/evaluation thereafter.
Please review the appropriate bulletin/assessment on the Bulletin Page for the Minimum Qualifications and, if qualified, complete the Assessment according to the instructions.
How To Apply: You may apply for this position by clicking “Apply Now” on the top or bottom of this page.
"CCHCS uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. For more information about E-Verify, please go to www.e-verify.gov ."
Closing Date/Time: Until Filled