Clinical Social Worker - Correctional Facility *Depending on Experience*
$44,520 - $56,622 Annual Range (Licensed) (.50/20hr week)
$41,382 - $52,806 Annual Range (Non-licensed) (.50/20hr week) Clinical Social Workers providing care within one of our Psychiatric Inpatient Units receive an additional 15% Stipend of Base Pay
Dedicated and compassionate Clinical Social Workers, like you, are key members of our multidisciplinary mental health teams. Within the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation’s adult correctional institutions, you’ll find opportunities to use your clinical knowledge and expertise to make a meaningful and lasting difference, including:
- Conducting assessments and summarize case information for use in diagnosis, treatment, and release
- Developing, monitoring, and modifying treatment plans as necessary
- Documenting and evaluating treatment progress
- Coordinating patient placement with community services
Candidates new to CCHCS are required to submit to a background investigation process utilizing Live Scan Fingerprinting, and Tuberculosis (TB) testing prior to appointment followed by department annual TB testing/evaluation thereafter.
We currently have opportunities at Pelican Bay State Prison in the charming town of Crescent City. Nestled near the Oregon border, this area is surrounded by ancient redwoods, pristine rivers, and the rugged Pacific coast. Whether you’re looking for outdoor adventure, restorative time amid nature, or a small-town lifestyle for your family, this may be just the spot to take advantage of your newfound work-life balance with CCHCS.
Here, you’ll enjoy a collegial atmosphere, the stability and work-life balance you desire, and great State employee benefits, including:
- 40-hour workweek (affords you true work-life balance)
- Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
- State of California retirement that vests in 5 years (visit www.CalPERS.ca.gov for retirement formulas)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Robust 401(k) and 457(b) savings plans (tax defer up to $45,000 - $60,000 per year)
- Free on-site, in-person CEUs
- Dedicated assistance with visa sponsorship
- Potential NHSC Loan Repayment (depending on location)
Submit your CV to CentralizedHiringUnit@cdcr.ca.gov or call (877) 793-4473 for more information.
Please review the appropriate bulletin/assessment on the Bulletin Page
for the Minimum Qualifications and, if qualified, complete the Assessment according to the instructions.
How To Apply: You may apply for this position by clicking “Apply Now” on the top or bottom of this page.
"CCHCS uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. For more information about E-Verify, please go to www.e-verify.gov ."
Closing Date/Time: Until Filled