IT PROFESSIONAL 3 - APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT - Requisition ID: 12816
Recruitment Type: Open Competitive
Posting Close Date: 6/9/2023
Geographical Location: Carson, Minden, Gardnerville, Genoa
Department:DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
Division: DHHS - DIVISION OF CHILD AND FAMILY SERVICES
Business Unit: HR-INFORMATION SERVICES
*Pay Grade: GRADE 40
Salary Range: $64,393.92 - $96,632.64
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full Time
Recruiter: DARRELL MORLAN
Phone: 775 684-0126
The Nevada DIVISION OF CHILD AND FAMILY SERVICES (DCFS) is seeking an IT Professional III to join our Information Services team located in Carson City, Nevada.
This is a full-time position that will be in Carson City Nevada. The State of Nevada and DCFS offer an excellent benefits package that includes health, dental and vision insurance, participation in the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS), accrual of 15 days of annual and 15 days of sick leave, 11 paid holidays, and no city, county, state, or social security tax!
To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-7_0//
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, management information systems, or closely related field and three years of professional IT experience relevant to the duties of the position which may include computer operations, systems administration, network administration, database administration, applications analysis and development, and/or information security, one year of which was at the journey level; OR one year of relevant experience as an IT Professional II in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
Application Evaluation Exam
- The exam will consist of an application and resume evaluation. It is essential that applications/resumes include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
- A valid driver's license is required at the time of appointment and for continued employment.
- Statewide travel is required.
- Some positions require work on evenings, weekends, and/or holidays
- Some positions are subject to call-out or call-back.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
*The salary range indicated in this announcement is based on the Employee/Employer retirement compensation schedule. An employer-only option is available at a reduced salary range.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages. Nearest Major Market:
Carson City Nearest Secondary Market:
Closing Date/Time: 6/9/2023