CLASS SUMMARYFIND WORK THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE!The City of Spokane's Aquatics Program seeks friendly and motivated team members looking for a fun way to serve the community!
Assistant to the Head swim coach for the City of Spokane Aqua ducks swim team. Position runs from mid-June to mid-August including evening swim meets. Work schedules will vary between early mornings to midafternoon between Comstock, Shadle, and Witter Aquatics center. Duties include but are not limited to the supervision of all swim team participants, developing seasonal goals, workouts, hosting swim meets, data entering with Meet Manager. This position will also assist with any maintenance and custodial duties along with keeping records and reports. Desired skills include:
Part-time 10 - 20 hours per week
- Ability to work individually and as a team member
- Interest and ability to work with children and have the ability to work with swimmers of all levels
- Have excellent communication skills [ability to answer phones, and speak with public] and decision-making skills
- Thorough knowledge and application of facility rules and policies
- Experience with computers and using HY-Tek Meet Manager software preferred
EXAMPLES OF JOB FUNCTIONS
- Must be at least 16 years of age at time of appointment.
- Must have competitive swimming experience.
- Possess a valid government issued ID and Social Security Card
- Required to submit to background check and drug test
- Current Lifeguard certification
MUST possess current (through summer) certification in American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor; or the City of Spokane's Aquanautic Safety Instructor certifications. NEED OR DESIRE WATER SAFETY TRAINING AND/OR CERTIFICATION COURSES?
Check out these courses!Catalog - Spokane Parks & Recreation (rec1.com)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, familial status, genetic information, veteran/military status or disability status.
Closing Date/Time: 2023-08-27