About Our Job
This is a part-time position which will work no more than 39 hours per week and is not eligible for benefits.Part-time positions may have routine or variable work schedules.
As Colorado's largest adult sports organization, Denver CityWide Sports offers a variety of youth and adult sports programs as a part of the progressive Denver Parks and Recreation department. CityWide Sports utilizes a variety of sports fields and recreation centers throughout the metro Denver area to offer over 175 different Coed, Men's, and Women's leagues taking place weekday evenings and weekends. Our League Specialists play an integral part in providing high-quality service to both teams and individuals of a wide range of skill levels. In addition, our League Specialists get the perks of getting to meet and know sports enthusiasts throughout the city, all while earning additional income.
For more information, check out our website: http://denvercitywidesports.org .
CityWide Sports is seeking League Specialists for our Adult Softball, Flag Football, Basketball, and Volleyball leagues. The position requires Specialists to be on-site attendants for league games and responsible for:
- Set up and break down of field equipment
- Scorekeeping and officiating
- Managing game rosters
- Delegating and providing work-based instruction to Adult League Assistants
- Ensuring participant safety and enforcing program rules
- Having fun and ensuring a fun experience for participants
Individual hours will vary between 5-30 hours a week including Monday through Friday evenings with some Saturday and/or Sunday hours.
We are looking for Softball, Flag Football, Basketball, and Volleyball enthusiasts interested in having an active role in the CityWide Sports Specialist position. Our League Specialists are there before and after the games for set up and break down, are highly organized and reliable, and ensure that games run smoothly for a safe, fun experience for all participants. Specialists are not afraid to make calls, enforce rules, and diffuse game conflicts all while maintaining a positive, upbeat, and calm demeanor.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Current CPR/First Aid certification
- Competitive playing experience at an intermediate level or higher
- Instructional experience in any of the listed sports
- Previous officiating, scorekeeping, and/or league supervision experience
We know that your time is valuable. So please do not apply unless you have the following minimum qualifications
- Education: Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate
- Experience: One (1) year of experience in assisting in the operation and instruction of organized recreation activities
- Licensures/Certification(s): Requires certification in CPR/First Aid within 6 months of hire; licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment
- Equivalency: Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements
Please be sure to provide volunteer/work experience related to coaching, education, or recreation in your resume/work experience profile.
About Everything Else
CA2583 Recreation Instructor
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here .
Position Salary Range
$17.29 - $25.94
Parks and Recreation
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here for English or here for Spanish.