JOB SUMMARY JOB SUMMARY
Performs customer service duties at the Rio Vista Pool. Controls desk, collects admission fees and assists staff with enforcement.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DECISION MAKING ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Staffs front desk; operates cash register, collects admission fees; answers telephone; prepares daily cash reports; injury reports; enforces rules and regulations relating to swimming pool.
- Maintains pool area; cleans deck, picks up trash, cleans restrooms and performs other janitorial duties as needed.
- Attends staff meetings and in service training sessions.
- This position works under general supervision.Uses judgment to determine action needed during emergency situation.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Salary is dependent upon qualifications) MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Previous experience working a cash register and calculating change.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
CORE COMPETENCIES AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS CORE COMPETENCIES
Effective oral communication skills are required. Extensive contact with the public, must be able to interact in a courteous and professional manner. Basic calculations to add admission charges, calculate change, and prepare daily cash reports.PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Physical requirements include working outside in the heat, sun, high humidity and wind; exposed to chlorine, muriatic acid, slippery surface; noise from large crowds and lifeguard whistles. Subject to standing, sitting, vision, hearing, talking, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling reaching, handling, and fine dexterity.
Irregular Hours, 1-6 pm, Weekend/evenings required
Non-ExemptThe City of San Marcos offers its employees a broad range of benefits to enhance their personal and occupational lives. We are committed to a total rewards strategy that provides employees with competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, and an environment that supports a healthy work/life balance.
View Our Benefits Guide. BENEFITS
- Public Agency Retirement Services (PARS) - Individual trust replacing Social Security
- Mission Square Retirement Corporation - optional 457-deferred compensation plan & Roth IRA
- Employee Assistance Program
- Activity Center Membership
- Direct Deposit
Closing Date/Time: Continuous