The purpose of this position is to maintain City buildings and grounds in order to ensure a safe environment. This is accomplished by performing maintenance duties; supervising personnel; and completing administrative duties. Other duties include assisting with new construction projects; operating and maintaining equipment; and maintaining supplies.Essential Job Functions
- Performs maintenance duties by completing electrical, carpentry, plumbing, grounds, and mechanical repairs; welding broken items and fabricating new pieces; troubleshooting maintenance issues; replacing inadequate flooring; changing or repairing parts for the lighting system, doors, windows and cabinets; painting interior and exterior walls; mowing and edging lawns; maintaining flower beds; spraying various chemicals and herbicides; trimming trees; weed eating lawns; and maintaining litter receptacles.
- Supervises personnel by assigning work duties; observing and monitoring work tasks; providing feedback to employees; assisting employees to correct deficiencies; and providing training as needed.
- Completes administrative duties by answering phone calls; completing various reports and paperwork; and writing correspondences and work orders.
- Assists with new construction projects and special events by overseeing and assisting with the remodel of offices, restrooms, roofing, concrete, sheetrock, painting, and plumbing; installing pole and gate barricades; preparing grounds; setting up and tearing down tents; inspecting sites for hazards; installing decorations; and completing post-event clean up.
- Operates and maintains equipment by operating front-end loader, back hoe, dump truck, mowers, water truck, and trailer; monitoring fluid levels and tire pressure; checking belts and lights; changing and sharpening blades; and inspecting, lubricating and washing equipment.
- Maintains supplies by taking inventory; reviewing supply requests; allocating supplies to personnel; ordering supplies from vendors; and unloading supplies as they arrive.
- Work requires knowledge necessary to understand basic operational, technical, or office processes. Level of knowledge equivalent to four years of high school or equivalency.
- Over two years up to and including four years.
- Valid Texas Class C Driver's License, or Valid Texas Class B Driver's License
- Ability to recognize meaning of common two- or three-syllable words. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Ability to perform the four basic arithmetic operations. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Ability to write simple sentences containing subject, verb, and object, and/or series of numbers, names, and addresses. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- The employee normally performs the duty assignment after receiving general instructions as to methods, procedures, and desired end results with some discretion when making selections among a few, easily identifiable choices. Assignment is reviewed upon completion.
- Work requires functioning as a lead worker performing essentially the same work as those directed, and includes overseeing work quality, training, instructing, and scheduling work.
- Work involves choices of action within limits set by standard practices and procedures. Professional judgment is required to apply the proper course of action
Closing Date/Time: Continuous