Definition and Class Characteristics Are you looking to gain work experience in the public sector? Have you ever wondered what types of jobs the County offers? If so, our "Achieve More" Internship Program is the place for you!
We offer a variety of unpaid internship opportunities that allow you to work in various county departments. We strive to provide our interns with valuable job skills and knowledge about county government operations. Our internship opportunities range from part time to full time work. Internships are available in Western Nevada County and Truckee.
**Paid internship opportunities will be posted under separate recruitments when available* *Benefits to interning with us:
- Gain hands on learning experience in a professional work setting
- Learn about county operations, departments, and job opportunities
- Develop career related skills, abilities, proficiencies and experience
- Expand your professional network by working with our diverse and collaborative team of leaders and mentors
- Make a difference, while working with the community
Our internship program was crafted to provide opportunities for career development to individuals interested in working in local government and serving the community. Interns will receive meaningful and wide-ranging assignments in their respective departments and gain exposure to working in a government setting.
Nevada County collaborates with numerous colleges and dynamic community partners to place interns of all abilities within our program. Departments that have hosted interns include but are not limited to:
- Chief Executive and Board of Supervisor's Office
- Human Resources and Veteran's Services
- District Attorney and Victim Witness Advocates Office
- Health and Human Services Agency - Social Services, Public & Behavioral Health, Child Support Services, Housing and Community Services, Public Defender's Office.
- Code Compliance & Community Development
- Office of Emergency Services
We are an equal opportunity employer and value individual contributions at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of internship. Please contact us to request accommodations. Apply now!
For more information, contact our Internship Coordinator team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (530) 265-7010.
While this is an unpaid internship, students and recent graduates are offered an excellent opportunity to:
NEVADA COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERAny information on this page or links is subject to change without notice. Nevada County Human Resources Department
- Build resumes and explore career options
- Apply skills and knowledge to the workplace
- Fulfill college/university internship requirements
- Earn hours toward professional certification or licensure
- Network in their fields of interest with professionals who are dedicated to making a positive difference in Nevada County
- Learn from a working supervisor who is dedicated to your learning and growth
- See professionals operate in a real world, hands-on environment
- Intern with one of the premier employers in the region
950 Maidu Avenue, Nevada City, CA 95959 (530) 265-7010
Comments, please email:email@example.com
Closing Date/Time: Continuous