Job Summary This is a continuous recruitment to create a register of eligible candidates.
Work is performed at an entry level class in the Detention Officer series. This position involves entry-level security work in the custody, control and care and welfare of inmates in County detention facilities, for the purpose of becoming an experienced Detention Officer I, which involves initial in-service and on the job training.
Mohave County has a two-phase application process for this position. To be eligible for placement on a hiring register and further consideration, you must successfully complete the application process. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Incumbents will serve a one (1) year probationary period. In an on-the-job learning/training capacity, an employee will assist and perform (as level of understanding and experience increases) in any or all of the examples of work performed by a Detention Officer I. An employee in this class series may receive work assignments in any or all of the following areas; Control, Booking/Release, Medical, Field Training Program, Disciplinary, Classification, Behavior Management, Warrants, Transports, Commissary, Supplies and Pod Management. REPORTS TO
In-service and on-the-job training are performed under higher level of authority. SUPERVISION EXERCISED
As skill and experience are gained in fulfilling routine duties, increasingly independent action may be authorized. Work is reviewed through observation and evaluation of work performance and reports filed by incumbent. APPLICATION PROCESS
Once your application has been submitted and received, a staff member will reach out to you and set up an interview. At that time, you will be sent an email to print, complete and bring with you to your interview the background questionnaire. How to apply: PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW Apply online
: Complete and submit an online application by clicking on "Apply" (This will take you to the log-in page where you may need to create an account if you haven't done so already). Print online application :
Print submitted online application after submission (you can log in to your account to view and print if need).
Should you have any questions or require additional information, please contact the Office of Human Resources, (928) 753-0736, Extension 4116 or 4363. Thank you for your interest in employment with Mohave County.
Essential Job Functions See full job description details by clicking on our link: Detention Officer
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENT
- Must be at least 18 years of age at the start of employment.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or resident alien.
- High School diploma /GED.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience, and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered in meeting the minimum qualifications.
- Must possess a valid driver's license for operation of motor vehicles on Arizona roads at the start of employment and maintain said license while employed in this position.
- Provide acceptable driving history at no cost to the County.
- Possess the ability to successfully complete psychological, polygraph, health-related and physical agility testing appropriate to law enforcement individuals.
- Requires successful completion of 40 hours (on-the-job) of detention training prior to occupying a post or position.
Mohave County provides two options for Self Insured Medical Plan, paid by Employee & Employer, to regular employees (employees who work at least 30 hours per week). Both plan options utilize the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona for in Arizona
coverage, plus the Aetna Choice POS II network for out of Arizona
coverage; when you need medical care, select a provider from the directory and verify the provider's current status as a network provider. The medical plans include pharmacy benefits.
Out of Pocket Maximum includes medical Deductible, medical Copays, Prescription Drug Deductible and Copays. TELADOC
- Summary Plan Description
- PLAN 1: Exclusive Provider Organization (EPO) Plan Deductible $1,000 per person deductible. Calendar Year Out of Pocket Maximum per Single Coverage is $6,300 and $12,700 for Family Coverage.
- PLAN 2: High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) $3,000 maximum Out of Pocket for Single Coverage and $6000 maximum Out of Pocket maximum for Family
Teladoc is a healthcare option available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, and 365 days per year for non-emergent medical conditions. Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
This voluntary benefit is available to all regular employees working at least 30 hours per week. This pre-tax option will reduce taxable income.
Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Health care reimbursement account: up to $2,850 per year
- Dependent daycare reimbursement account: up to $5,000 per year
This voluntary benefit is available to all qualified employees who are on the High Deductible Health Plan. This pre-tax option will reduce taxable income. You may elect to contribute up to the full 2022 annual limit:
- $3,650 max employee contribution for Single coverage
- $7,300 max employee contribution for Family coverage.
Dental insurance is available to regular employees working at least 30 hours per week through Delta Dental
- High Option: $2,000 maximum annual benefit.High Option includes orthodontia benefit with lifetime maximum of $1,500.
- Low Option: $2,000 maximum annual benefit.
Vision insurance is available to regular employees working at least 30 hours per week through EyeMed Vision Care.
EyeMed offers access to a broad network of independent providers as well as access to out-of-network providers.Short Term Disability
Coverage is through Ochs, Inc. - Madison National
Short-Term Disability (STD) is insurance that replaces some of your income if an injury or illness prevents you from working. Provided by Mohave County. Life Insurance
Coverage is through Ochs, Inc. - Minnesota Life
Optional / Voluntary Benefits
- Basic Life Insurance / Accidental Death & Dismemberment of $50,000
- Provided by Mohave County to regular employees working at least 30 hours per week
Payroll deductions are available for the following Optional / Voluntary Benefits:
Retirement Systems / Long-Term Disability
- Supplemental Life Insurance is available through Ochs, Inc.- Minnesota Life Insurance Company for employees, spouse and dependent children.
- Tax Deferred Compensation Plan 457: this option is voluntary and available to all employees through ICMA-RC or Nationwide.
- Identity Theft Protection is available through IdentityForce, Sontiq for employees and eligible dependents
Mohave County is a MANDATORY participating agency in these classification-based retirement systems:
- (ASRS) Arizona State Retirement System: Eligible employees working at least 20 hours per week for 20 weeks or more. MANDATORY contribution rate as of 07/01/2022 is 12.17% beginning on your first paycheck and is employer matched.
- (CORP) Correction Officers Retirement Plan: Employees in Adult Detention positions with the Sheriff's Office. Contributions begin 90 days after first day of employment. Election rates of contribution are between 5% - 40%; default rate of 7%.
- (AOC-CORP) Administration of Courts - Correction Officers Retirement Plan: Juvenile Detention and Adult Probation (Superior Court). Contributions begin 90 days after first day of employment. Election rates of contribution are between 5% - 40%; default rate of 7%.
- (PSPRS) Public Safety Retirement System: Employees in certain positions with the Sheriff's Office. Defined Benefit Tier 3 contribution amount is 9.94%. Contributions begin 90 days after first day of employment.
The following additional benefits are available to all regular employees:
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Payroll direct deposit
- Paid Time Off - vacation/sick time
- Pre-tax deduction plan
- Up to 80% of medical premiums paid by Mohave County
- Bereavement Leave
These materials were created to help you understand the benefits available to you. This is not a Summary Plan Description and is not intended to replace the benefit summaries or schedule of benefits contained within the Plan. If any provision of these materials is inconsistent with the language of the Plan, the language of the Plan will govern .