IT PROFESSIONAL 3 - COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS - Requisition ID: 14893
Recruitment Type: Open Competitive
Posting Close Date: 6/9/2023
Geographical Location: Las Vegas, Boulder City, Indian Springs, Jean, Henderson
Department:DEPARTMENT OF ADMINISTRATION
Division: ADMIN - ENTERPRISE IT SERVICES
Business Unit: HR-NETWORK TRANSPORT SERVICES
*Pay Grade: GRADE 40
Salary Range: $64,393.92 - $96,632.64
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full Time
Recruiter: DARRELL MORLAN
Phone: 775 684-0126
Information Technology (IT) Professionals analyze, develop, implement, maintain, and modify computer operations, systems, networks, databases, applications, and/or information security. Incumbents may perform duties in one or more IT specialization areas depending on the needs of the agency.Incumbents perform advanced journey level duties and may train, supervise, and evaluate the performance of subordinate staff and/or serve as a project leader as assigned. Incumbents may function as a unit leader to include directing the activities of a branch IT support unit, overseeing projects of limited scope, and coordinating activities with other work groups.
This recruitment is for an IT Professional 3 within the State of Nevada’s Enterprise IT Services Division, Network Transport Services Unit, located in Las Vegas, Nevada. This position installs and maintains microwave communications infrastructure, including microwave radios, antennas, channel banks, digital access cross connects, network routers, switches, network monitoring systems, and servers for an enterprise microwave network in support of a statewide public safety communications system. Utilizing test equipment with schematics or network drawings, this position installs, troubleshoots and repairs various TDM/Audio/RS232/MPLS network circuits supporting public safety communications. This position requires knowledge of AC/DC power systems, and the ideal candidate must be willing and able to work in inclement weather conditions, climb tower structures up to 120 feet, and utilize 4WD trucks, ATVs, snowcats, and snowmobiles for offroad travel.
To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-7_0//
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, management information systems, or closely related field and three years of professional IT experience relevant to the duties of the position which may include computer operations, systems administration, network administration, database administration, applications analysis and development, and/or information security, one year of which was at the journey level; OR one year of relevant experience as an IT Professional II in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
- Experience with electronics, troubleshooting and networking is required.
- Selected candidate is required to work in inclement weather conditions and be able to climb tower structures up to 120 feet tall.
- Experience with wire and cabling standards is required.
- Experience with electrical and mechanical principles is required.
Application Evaluation Exam
- The exam will consist of an application and resume evaluation. It is essential that applications/resumes include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
- A valid driver's license or evidence of equivalent mobility is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continued employment.
- Applicants must be willing to work standby and carry the standby cellular phone for evening and weekend system troubleshooting.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
*The salary range indicated in this announcement is based on the Employee/Employer retirement compensation schedule. An employer-only option is available at a reduced salary range.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages. Nearest Major Market:
Closing Date/Time: 6/9/2023