Job Summary Mohave County Development Services is currently creating an applicant pool for current and future vacancies in the Planning & Zoning Division. Depending on qualifications, may fill position as: Planner I Range 17, Steps 1 - 15: $24.90 - $37.04 Planner II Range 19, Steps 1 - 15: $27.46 - $40.63
Planner Senior Range 21, Steps 1 - 15: $30.27 - $44.59To review specific job qualification and details, please click on the appropriate link(s) above.
Below is the job functions for Planner I;
Performs professional planning work involved in the research and development of county planning and implementation of programs for the growth and development of Mohave County REPORTS TO
A higher level of authority. SUPERVISION EXERCISED
May exercise technical supervision of Planning Technicians and others as directed.
Essential Job Functions
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Evaluation, review, and processing of site plans for commercial, industrial and multi-family residential proposals, RV and Manufactured Home Parks.
- Rezones, zoning use permits, General Plan and other plan amendments.
- Works on other development proposals and special projects, meeting deadlines that the county considers critical and that meets customer demand.
- Preparation of review correspondence in relation to the above submittals and answering questions regarding reviews.
- Preparation and presentation of reports (text, maps, and other back up documents) and recommendations to the Planning and Zoning Commission and Board of Supervisors.
- Site visits and posting of legal notices.
- Backup of the Planner II.
- Assists with research and preparation of reports, drafting of policies and procedures, and work on high priority special assignments commonly involving short deadlines.
- Attending and presenting at public input meetings, and other forms of community outreach for the department.
- Preparation of GIS-based maps of pending developments, including but not limited to renewable energy projects, general and area plan implementation, and for all other work performed by this position.
- Preparation of statistics and general information regarding projects in review.
- Research into and work on public information requests and inquiries (many regarding litigious issues).
- Tracking and coordinating projects
- Data base creation and maintenance.
- Communicates and acts in a professional manner with the public, co-workers, and work contacts.
- Performs related work as required.
- Performs special assignments as requested.
- Exercise regular and predictable attendance and punctuality in accordance with Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures.
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENT
- A Bachelor's Degree in urban or regional planning, or related applicable field.
- Planning experience (including internship, or work study in urban or regional planning in general or specialized fields).
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered in meeting the minimum qualifications.
- Must possess a valid driver's license for operation of motor vehicles on Arizona roads at the start of employment and maintain said license while employed in this position.
- Must provide acceptable driving history at no cost to the County.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Knowledge of:
- Principles, practices and techniques of community planning and zoning.
- Economics, public finance and sociology as applied to community planning.
- Principles and practices of engineering and physical design as applied to community planning.
- County, state and federal laws, rules and regulations pertaining to community planning, industrial development and community conservation.
- Land use regulations and zoning codes, their structure and application.
- Graphic techniques and topographic mapping.
- Basic statistical methods.
- The applications of data processing techniques to planning and zoning systems.
- Computing literacy to include use of graphics, word processing and electronic spreadsheet applications.
- Conducting public meetings and working well with the public.
- Department policies, rules and procedures.
- Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures, and Department Regulation.
- Precise attention to detail.
- Application processing.
- Utilizing computer systems and applications, personal computers, networked system, Internet and GIS in the performance of work assignments, such as graphics, word processing, databases and electronic spreadsheets.
- Apply the principles and practices of urban or regional planning.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with department personnel, County departments, planning agencies and the public.
- Interpret planning requirements and objectives to interest groups and the general public.
- Plan, organize, coordinate and present urban and regional planning projects and conduct technical research on economic, sociological and planning problems.
- Perform research work, compile and analyze data and statistical information and prepare and present clear and concise oral and written technical reports and recommendations.
- Interpret and utilize current planning information pertaining to work assignments.
- Communicate and maintain professionalism with the public, co-workers, and work contacts.
- Perform the essential functions of the job specifications with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Mohave County provides two options for Self Insured Medical Plan, paid by Employee & Employer, to regular employees (employees who work at least 30 hours per week). Both plan options utilize the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona for in Arizona
coverage, plus the Aetna Choice POS II network for out of Arizona
coverage; when you need medical care, select a provider from the directory and verify the provider's current status as a network provider. The medical plans include pharmacy benefits.
Out of Pocket Maximum includes medical Deductible, medical Copays, Prescription Drug Deductible and Copays. TELADOC
- Summary Plan Description
- PLAN 1: Exclusive Provider Organization (EPO) Plan Deductible $1,000 per person deductible. Calendar Year Out of Pocket Maximum per Single Coverage is $6,300 and $12,700 for Family Coverage.
- PLAN 2: High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) $3,000 maximum Out of Pocket for Single Coverage and $6000 maximum Out of Pocket maximum for Family
Teladoc is a healthcare option available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, and 365 days per year for non-emergent medical conditions. Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
This voluntary benefit is available to all regular employees working at least 30 hours per week. This pre-tax option will reduce taxable income.
Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Health care reimbursement account: up to $2,850 per year
- Dependent daycare reimbursement account: up to $5,000 per year
This voluntary benefit is available to all qualified employees who are on the High Deductible Health Plan. This pre-tax option will reduce taxable income. You may elect to contribute up to the full 2022 annual limit:
- $3,650 max employee contribution for Single coverage
- $7,300 max employee contribution for Family coverage.
Dental insurance is available to regular employees working at least 30 hours per week through Delta Dental
- High Option: $2,000 maximum annual benefit.High Option includes orthodontia benefit with lifetime maximum of $1,500.
- Low Option: $2,000 maximum annual benefit.
Vision insurance is available to regular employees working at least 30 hours per week through EyeMed Vision Care.
EyeMed offers access to a broad network of independent providers as well as access to out-of-network providers.Short Term Disability
Coverage is through Ochs, Inc. - Madison National
Short-Term Disability (STD) is insurance that replaces some of your income if an injury or illness prevents you from working. Provided by Mohave County. Life Insurance
Coverage is through Ochs, Inc. - Minnesota Life
Optional / Voluntary Benefits
- Basic Life Insurance / Accidental Death & Dismemberment of $50,000
- Provided by Mohave County to regular employees working at least 30 hours per week
Payroll deductions are available for the following Optional / Voluntary Benefits:
Retirement Systems / Long-Term Disability
- Supplemental Life Insurance is available through Ochs, Inc.- Minnesota Life Insurance Company for employees, spouse and dependent children.
- Tax Deferred Compensation Plan 457: this option is voluntary and available to all employees through ICMA-RC or Nationwide.
- Identity Theft Protection is available through IdentityForce, Sontiq for employees and eligible dependents
Mohave County is a MANDATORY participating agency in these classification-based retirement systems:
- (ASRS) Arizona State Retirement System: Eligible employees working at least 20 hours per week for 20 weeks or more. MANDATORY contribution rate as of 07/01/2022 is 12.17% beginning on your first paycheck and is employer matched.
- (CORP) Correction Officers Retirement Plan: Employees in Adult Detention positions with the Sheriff's Office. Contributions begin 90 days after first day of employment. Election rates of contribution are between 5% - 40%; default rate of 7%.
- (AOC-CORP) Administration of Courts - Correction Officers Retirement Plan: Juvenile Detention and Adult Probation (Superior Court). Contributions begin 90 days after first day of employment. Election rates of contribution are between 5% - 40%; default rate of 7%.
- (PSPRS) Public Safety Retirement System: Employees in certain positions with the Sheriff's Office. Defined Benefit Tier 3 contribution amount is 9.94%. Contributions begin 90 days after first day of employment.
The following additional benefits are available to all regular employees:
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Payroll direct deposit
- Paid Time Off - vacation/sick time
- Pre-tax deduction plan
- Up to 80% of medical premiums paid by Mohave County
- Bereavement Leave
These materials were created to help you understand the benefits available to you. This is not a Summary Plan Description and is not intended to replace the benefit summaries or schedule of benefits contained within the Plan. If any provision of these materials is inconsistent with the language of the Plan, the language of the Plan will govern .