Description THE COUNTY OF EL DORADO
The County of El Dorado is committed to promoting the power of public service by fostering a diverse and collaborative workplace where employees are empowered, respected and valued. The dedicated efforts taken by the Board of Supervisors continues to promote El Dorado County as a competitive employer that is committed to recruiting and retaining qualified employees by advocating for competitive salaries and excellent benefits. The County of El Dorado is also supportive of providing telework opportunities for employees consistent with business needs and in accordance with Board of Supervisors Policy E-12 - Telecommuting. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES AGENCY
El Dorado County Health and Human Services Agency is committed to transforming lives and improving futures for the citizens of El Dorado County. Their programs and services include: Behavioral Health, Public Health, Community and Social Services. Their over 600 employees are dedicated to enhancing and enriching the lives of those in their communities. COMMUNITY SERVICES DIVISION
Health and Human Services Agency's Community Services Division is responsible for the administration of older adult programs for El Dorado County residents 60 years of age and older. These services include: Senior Nutrition, Senior Shuttle, Older Adult Day Services, Long-Term Care Ombudsman, and many more! In addition to the services to seniors, Community Services also administers Veteran Affairs, Animal Services, Public Housing Authority, HEAP & Weatherization programs. THE OPPORTUNITY
Use your skills and experience to assist the Older Adult community in your area! The Program Aide assists in providing various support activities designed to meet the needs of the senior community including carrying out self-help, personal care assistance and related general activity programs. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Provide personal care assistance and supervision to clients including assistance with activities of daily living such as eating, walking, grooming, toileting and personal hygiene.
- Set up and operate recreational and office equipment, such as movie and slide projectors and record players; lead games, singing and discussions; conduct exercise activities; and interact with participants on an individual basis.
- Carry out activities and projects and oversee tasks performed by volunteers.
- Make recommendations for the development of specific activities based on client need.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records and reports, including client attendance logs.
- Assist with preparation and service of meals and snacks.
- Observe and report early signs of client illness.
- Perform standard office support work, such as typing and filing.
For a full description of duties and responsibilities, please review the job description here . MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Human Resources will assess your application to determine if you are minimally qualified using the following recommendations. Experience Requirements:
One year of work experience in caring for frail elderly persons and/or individuals with physical, emotional or mental disorders. Other Requirements:
- First Aid and CPR training desirable.
Click here to view the minimum qualifications for Program Aide, as well as the physical, environmental, and working conditions. SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Apply online by clicking the 'Apply' link at the top of this announcement. When your online application and responses to the required supplemental questions are complete, click 'Accept'.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Nicholas Jetton in Human Resources at email@example.com. RECRUITMENT PROCESS
The Human Resources Department will screen all applications to identify qualified candidates. After screening ,
qualified candidates will be referred to the next step and notified of all further procedures applicable to their status in the recruitment process.
For more information on the recruitment process, click here.
Based on the department's needs, the selection procedures listed above may be modified. All candidates will be notified of any changes in the selection procedures. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
The County of El Dorado is recruiting applicants for Program Aide - Extra Help. This recruitment will establish a list for the purpose of filling current and future extra help vacancies for at least three (3) months.
- There are currently (3) three extra help vacancies in the Health and Human Services Agency, located in Placerville and El Dorado Hills, CA. Extra help vacancies are made to maintain adequate coverage of work for short periods of time at frequent intervals, where employment is of a recurrent nature depending on the needs of the Agency; work may be seasonal, on-call, and/or for a limited duration. Extra help employees are not considered regular employees, therefore do not attain civil service status, and do not receive benefits or paid leaves; however, they do accrue sick leave consistent with the law.
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions.
The County of El Dorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Many job classifications require a pre-employment medical screening. Depending on the job classification, medical screening may include testing for drugs, including but not limited to marijuana; a positive test may result in revocation of an employment offer.
This classification may include positions that are subject to current California Department of Public Health (CDPH), State Public Health Officer Orders requiring all workers who provide services or work in facilities covered by the order to (a) have their first dose of a one-dose regimen or their second dose of a two-dose regimen of an approved vaccine against COVID-19, or (b) provide valid exemption as permitted by the order. An approved exemption would result in the exempted employee being required to wear a face covering and be regularly tested for COVID-19.
Not just rustic mining towns and historic sites - Today El Dorado County is a year-round vacation destination overflowing with outdoor adventure, inviting agritourism locations, enriching family activities, and a proud Gold Rush history.
Escape the traffic and smog because El Dorado County is just:
- 40 miles to Downtown Sacramento
- 50 miles to Sacramento International Airport
- 129 miles to San Francisco
Here area few of the many activities and events available throughout El Dorado County:
- Hiking, Camping, Fishing, Boating, and Watersports
- Skiing and Snowboarding
- Live Music and Music Festivals
- Local Craft Breweries and Wineries
- El Dorado County Fair
- Placerville Speedway Races
- Farm to Fork Restaurants
- Small Business Shops
CHECK OUT OUR VIDEO TO LEARN MORE!
Closing Date/Time: Continuous