$21.73 - $23.96 per hour - depending upon experience
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Apply by Friday, December 16, 2022 for first consideration THE POSITION:
The City of San Rafael is looking for a part-time Office Aide's to join our team in the Public Works Department (20-30 hours per week). Continued appointment in these positions are contingent upon funding and job performance. These are temporary "at will" positions. The individuals in these positions may not work more than 1,000 hours in a fiscal year (July 1 through June 30).
The Public Works Department maintains the City's public infrastructure, streets, roads, parks, facilities as well as traffic programs and land development throughout the City. The Administration division supports all aspects of the department in directly responding to the public, accounts payable, and managing public communications and outreach.
This position performs the following essential job duties:
- Answering calls, online messages from the public
- Accounts payable, including invoice processing and sorting
- File management relating to claims, safety reports
- Assisting with department's social media and other outreach efforts
- Creating promotional graphics and flyers
- Data entry as needed
- Updating website
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience/Other:
- Graduation from a Bachelor-degree program preferred
- Some related professional work experience preferred
- Position is 100% in-person at Public Works Department (111 Morphew Street, San Rafael)
- Must possess a valid California Driver's License
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS:
City of San Rafael application is required. Resumes do not substitute for the City application. Prior to appointment, candidate must pass background check/fingerprinting and driving record (if position requires a valid driver's license). To file an application, go to: www.calopps.org
. Select "Member Agencies". Select "San Rafael". Follow this link to apply:https://www.calopps.org/san-rafael/job-20324325
Reasonable Accommodation: The City of San Rafael will make reasonable accommodations to accommodate disabled applicants. If you have a disability for which you require an accommodation, please contact us at (415) 485-3474 before the next test date. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Such accommodations must be requested by the applicant.
Job PDF: Office Aide Job Announcement.pdf
The City of San Rafael offers the following benefits for this position. The salary range for this position is $21.73 - $33.73 per hour:
- This position receives no benefits with the exception of a retirement plan and paid sick leave.
- As a temporary employee, you may not work more than 1,000 hours in a fiscal year (July 1 - June 30).
- You are entitled to receive sick leave in accordance with California's Paid Sick Leave Law (AB 1522).
- Participation in a retirement plan is mandated by Federal Law and you will be enrolled in the Public Agency Retirement System (PARS):
- Employee contributes 3.75% of salary
- City of San Rafael contributes 3.75% of salary
Contact email: email@example.com
Closing Date/Time: Until filled