Psychologist - Clinical, CF
$125,244 - $139,812 Annual Range (Licensed)
$106,104 - $115,332 Annual Range (Non-licensed)
*Depending on Experience*
- Appreciation Bonus of up to $35,000 for clinicians newly hired with the State of CA
- Psychologists providing care within one of our Psychiatric Inpatient Units receive an additional 15% Stipend of Base Pay
Skilled post-doctoral (PsyD or PhD) psychologists, like you, are integral members of our multidisciplinary mental health teams. Within the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation’s adult correctional institutions, you’ll find opportunities to use your clinical knowledge and expertise to make a meaningful and lasting difference, including:
- Working collaboratively with a team of health care professionals and support staff
- Providing clinical psychological assessment, crisis intervention, and discharge planning
- Using evidence-based treatment strategies in both individual and group settings to help patients develop the skills necessary to live independent, productive lives, and improve their overall well-being
Candidates new to CCHCS are required to submit to a background investigation process utilizing Live Scan Fingerprinting, and Tuberculosis (TB) testing prior to appointment followed by department annual TB testing/evaluation thereafter.
We currently have opportunities at Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP), located in the central valley community of Coalinga. While working at PVSP, you can live a country commute away, among the rolling hills of Paso Robles. Here, you can take advantage of your new work-life balance with CCHCS and discover artisanal, regional wineries; or enjoy the vistas provided by the many hiking and biking trails throughout the area.
Here, you’ll enjoy a collegial atmosphere, a well-defined career ladder, the stability and work-life balance you desire, and great State employee benefits, including:
- 40-hour workweek (affords you true work-life balance)
- State of California retirement that vests in 5 years (visit www.CalPERS.ca.gov for retirement formulas)
- Generous paid vacation and holiday schedule
- 401(k) and 457(b) plans (tax defer up to $45,000 - $60,000 per year)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Paid CEU with paid time off to attend
- Dedicated assistance with visa sponsorship
- Potential NHSC Loan Repayment (depending on location)
Submit your CV to CentralizedHiringUnit@cdcr.ca.gov or call (877) 793-4473 for more information.
Please review the appropriate bulletin/assessment on the Bulletin Page
for the Minimum Qualifications and, if qualified, complete the Assessment according to the instructions.
How To Apply: You may apply for this position by clicking "Apply Now" on the top or bottom of this page.
"CCHCS uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. For more information about E-Verify, please go to www.e-verify.gov ."
Closing Date/Time: Until Filled