Position Scope **RECRUITMENT REOPENED - APPLICANTS WHO APPLIED FROM 10/25/22 - 11/8/22; THIS IS AN EXTENSION OF THE ORIGINAL POSTING. DO NOT REAPPLY, YOUR APPLICATION IS STILL ACTIVE****RECRUITMENT IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED**
Under close supervision, performs routine and unskilled general labor, maintenance, construction, repair and upkeep work on City right of ways and grounds.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties ARE NOT
intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
- Performs a variety of manual labor and basic equipment operation tasks as assigned; duties will vary according to job assignment.
- Performs routine grounds maintenance and repairs; installs and repairs irrigation lines; replaces dead trees, landscape plants and shrubbery along City right of ways and facility grounds.
- Operates a variety of minor equipment in accordance with all safety regulations and procedures.
- Performs unskilled construction, maintenance and manual labor work.
- Picks up and delivers materials as directed.
- Inspects, cleans and performs routine maintenance work on minor equipment; identifies and reports mechanical problems requiring additional repair.
- Completes required daily logs and reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Minimum Qualifications & Position Requirements Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED; or equivalent.Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:Knowledge of:
- City policies and procedures.
- Principles and practices of landscape or grounds repair and maintenance.
- Minor equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Safety standards and practices.
- Principles of basic record keeping and records management.
- Safe and efficient operation of minor equipment according to standard operating and safety procedures.
- Reading and interpreting maps, technical specifications and operations manuals for equipment.
- Following and effectively communicating verbal and written instructions.
Additional Information Special Requirements:
Possession of a valid Arizona Driver's License.Physical Demands / Work Environment:
Work is performed outdoors and in public facilities.
Generally Monday - Thursday; work hours may vary based on department needs.
Employee Benefits & Wellness
The City offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time classified and management employees. Part-time classified employees may be eligible for select benefits where defined.
For complete Benefit Plan & Wellness Information, please visit the City website at:
Benefits & Wellness
City benefit plans are subject to change at any time.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous