IT PROFESSIONAL 3-Database and Systems Support - Requisition ID: 5184
Recruitment Type: Open Competitive
Posting Close Date: 6/9/2023
Geographical Location: Carson, Minden, Gardnerville, Genoa
Department:DEPARTMENT OF EMPLOYMENT, TRAINING & REHAB
Division: DETR - ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES
Business Unit: HR-INFO DEVELOPMENT/PROCESSING
*Pay Grade: GRADE 40
Salary Range: $64,393.92 - $96,632.64
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full Time
Recruiter: DARRELL MORLAN
Phone: 775 684-0126
Information Technology (IT) Professionals analyze, develop, implement, maintain, and modify computer operations, systems, networks, databases, applications, and/or information security. Incumbents may perform duties in one or more IT specialization areas depending on the needs of the agency.
Incumbents perform advanced journey level duties and may train, supervise, and evaluate the performance of subordinate staff and/or serve as a project leader as assigned. Incumbents may function as a unit leader to include directing the activities of a branch IT support unit, overseeing projects of limited scope, and coordinating activities with other work groups.
This recruitment is for Intermittent positions as they occur. There may be opportunities for intermittent positions to lead to permanent positions based on budget availability and legislative approval. The positions are full-time, 40 hours per week.
The incumbent will be an integral member of the Database and Systems Support (DSS) team performing journeyman-level duties such as installing, patching, upgrading, tuning, and securing operating systems (OS), Database Management Systems (DBMS), middleware and application servers, telecom software, and server-based system utilities; ensuring that infrastructure software is adequately maintained to support production processing and schedules which may include responsibility for software and data backups, patching, security, tuning, and troubleshooting production system issues as well as providing assistance to the Computer Operations Center in meeting production schedules and providing support to application developers working on complex technical issues.
Position Description (cont.)
The incumbent can expect to provide support to management and project leaders in determining technical approaches or solutions to problems and devising training plans; collaborate with outside vendors as well as internal business and IT stakeholders to develop and implement technical solutions for a variety of business and application challenges. The incumbent will also work with vendors to schedule and implement various infrastructure patches/upgrades needed. Good customer service skills are required, as well as the ability to clearly and effectively communicate with technical and non-technical personnel.
This position will occasionally require some nights/weekends and holiday work shifts along with standby/call back notice and has a travel requirement of up to 25%
Beginning salary will be commensurate with level of experience and education
To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-7_0//
The Examination Application Evaluation Exam
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science, management information systems, or closely related field and three years of progressively responsible professional IT experience relevant to the duties of the position which may include computer operations, systems administration, network administration, database administration, applications analyst and development, and/or information security, one year of which was at the journey level; OR one year of relevant experience as an IT Professional II in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
- The exam will consist of an application and resume evaluation. It is essential that applications/resumes include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- A valid driver's license is required at the time of appointment and for continued employment.
- Statewide travel is required.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
*The salary range indicated in this announcement is based on the Employee/Employer retirement compensation schedule. An employer-only option is available at a reduced salary range.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages. Nearest Major Market:
Carson City Nearest Secondary Market:
Closing Date/Time: 6/9/2023